Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Does 'passenger' side refer to LHS or RH...
Does 'passenger' side refer to LHS or RHS on Right Hand Drive vehicle

998 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2021-01-21 22:16:04

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    1st-imp
    2021-01-19 13:15:45
     The DTC explanation refers to the passenger side.. but, bearing in mind it is a right hand drive vehicle and, I suspect, Autel is probably thinking of Chinese or American users with left hand drive vehicles, I would like to know specifically what the terminology is referring to.
    The car in question is a UK market variant of the Honda CR-V and it is the SRS system being probed.

If you can answer this, does it vary depending on the system in question.. i.e transmission/ABS etc.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2021-01-20 08:52:02 (Reply to:1st-imp)

I have seen tis kind of mistakes quite often in diagnostic software's............ Did you enter the menu using the vin number or you just selected manually CR-V...............?  Try entering the system using Vin Number manually and see if that helps.....

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    1st-imp
    2021-01-20 14:32:50 (Reply to:Ashraf)
    Confirmation from Autel would be appreciated as I am sure the code's description would not alter for different markets.
    For your information it was done through Search->Asian Cars->Honda and the description, I am sure, is generic.

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2021-01-21 22:16:04 (Reply to:1st-imp)

If the car was built for the UK market then I would think it refers to the left side of the
    car from the position of sitting in the driver's seat. When in doubt, I create a fault by
    unplugging a component on the left side of the car and see what fault code comes up.
  Total1 Pages