Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Hello friends I am trying to erase the c...
Hello friends I am trying to erase the codes of a 2019 dodge ram 1500 and I cannot erase it, what should I do? They tell me that I have to register online in a place but I do not have more details about this, can you give me a suggestion thanks

2243 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2021-01-24 17:11:23

•   Level 2   
    (15) points
    andersondiaz
    2021-01-21 04:02:30
     Hello friends I am trying to erase the codes of a 2019 dodge ram 1500 and I cannot erase it, what should I do? They tell me that I have to register online in a place but I do not have more details about this, can you give me a suggestion thanks

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    lowflyer20

2021-01-21 10:46:58 (Reply to:andersondiaz)

It is most likely due to the Security Gateway Module, "SGM." I have a 2019 Ram 3500 and had a fault code in the Passenger Door Module. I could not clear it from the OBDII port. I had to isolate the SGM, then I was able to clear it. I can't say for sure where the SGM is located on the 1500's, but I had to tear my dashboard apart to get to mine because it's behind the instrument cluster on the HD's. Search for videos specific to your model on how to do that and it should work for you. By the way, you're going to need an adapter cable called the Chrysler 12+8. You'll find two wire harnesses connected to the SGM. One is a 12 pin, and the second one is an 8 pin. Ultimately you remove those from the SGM and plug those into the adapter cable. On the other end of the adapter cable is an OBDII connector that you'll use, instead of the regular OBDII port.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    keith

2021-01-21 12:22:30 (Reply to:andersondiaz)

You should go to autoauth.com to register your scantool so you can use it on the
    newer Chryslers

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2021-01-24 17:11:23 (Reply to:keith)

True, also the Autel scan tools that are able to support 2018 and up FCA vehicles with SGMs  still need to have an active update subscription and initially be connected to the internet to even initiate communication with all the modules just to read all the codes and view live data.
      To do any Bi Directional Activation , relearn,  special functions, or clear codes You'll either need to Bypass the SGM with Autel 12+8 cable or register and pay the $50 a year for bypass cableless access through the  AutoAuth site. I really hope the government forces Chrysler to remove any SGMs from it's customer's car after warranty is up anytime after for free at present car owner's request if they so feel it infringes on The Right To Repair.
  Total1 Pages