Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > air bag codes and abs on a 2005 Chrysler...
air bag codes and abs on a 2005 Chrysler town & country?

1184 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2021-06-27 17:08:00

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    SeanKenny
    2021-01-29 13:04:34
     Can the al629 read air bag codes and abs on a 2005 chrysler town & country?

I recently purchased this scan tool and cannot seem to read above codes. I have both air bag and abs dash lights on. 

When attempting to read these codes, I get the following message: "No communication between the tester and the control unit"

Thinking that maybe the 2005 Chrysler town & country wasn't supported for this feature, I then tried a 2013 Nissan Frontier and got the exact same message. 

Is this operator error, or am I using the wrong scan tool? 

Thanks in advance. 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2021-01-29 15:59:22 (Reply to:SeanKenny)

Try turning off the key for 10 seconds then turn back on and attempt again.

Did you install a PC suite on your PC and check if tool has any update available?

https://www.auteltech.com/download.jhtml

Call support after having a different professional level scan tool tried to verify it's not a communication issue fault of vehicle

https://www.auteltech.com/c/www/support/3132.jhtml

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    SeanKenny
    2021-01-29 16:21:11 (Reply to:witsend)
     Thank you for the reply,

Yes, I did install the PC suite and no updates where found. I tried to access the SRS and ABS codes on two separate days and got the same message.

I tried this on two separate (and very different) vehicles, which makes me believe that maybe I'm doing something wrong. Hopefully the scan tool is capable of reading these codes on the two above mentioned vehicles.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    RobertHuntington

2021-06-27 17:08:00 (Reply to:SeanKenny)

I have run into the same problem with my Chrysler PT Cruiser Turbo HO Convertible, year 2005.  Did Autel ever provide a solution for your same year T&C?  Thanks
  Total1 Pages