Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > I teach Highschool Automotive Service Te...
I teach Highschool Automotive Service Technology. Would you recommend Autel over Snapon ? and what model Autel would be best? Thank You in advance..B.P.

1179 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2021-02-23 15:36:41

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    BenPressley
    2021-02-22 16:50:43
     I am a instructor at a highschool and would like to get your input on which scantool to purchase for our classes to be most up to date. Autel, Snap on, Matco. Please give me your honest input for the best of future Technicians. Thank You in advance.. 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2021-02-23 15:36:41 (Reply to:BenPressley)

I would say Autel has more of a Wow factor, better bang for the buck Hardware wise for capability of watching you tube vids on a price point tools, and ability of presenting things  on a Big screen from an HDMI port or even wireless with MS909, but for Basic Newbie Hand holding for guided diagnostics and circuit description and code setting criteria information being at your fingertips, ability to record more PIDs at one time and playback on Shop Stream Connect PC based program  A SnapOn  scanner (with an active update subscription) a newbie might get more out of it in a given time period for basic diagnosis on Asian and Domestic vehicles. Autel tools have more advanced capabilities though you may have resort to the auto repair program more often. If I were you I would consult with Paul Danner who teaches at Rosedale Tech. My Guess is he could provide a wealth of information so you aren't going way over their heads with things. I would  Start off teaching them Basics of  electricity and that it always takes the least path of resistance. Using basic wiring diagrams that if they don't ground the circuits properly they get zapped by a coil. It sounds cruel but the learning curve is steep. LOL
  Total1 Pages