Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Key programming Buick LaCross
Key programming Buick LaCross

1249 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2021-03-27 10:48:55

•   Level 2   
    (10) points
    SouthernAuto
    2021-03-02 14:30:53
     Please don't get upset with my question. I've only owned this for 3 months and always had a Snap On so this is new to me.  I own the IM608 with J2534, our 2010 Buick LaCross had a broken blade which was lost but we still had the fob.. We purchased an aftermarket key fob, had dealer cut the key blade and we attempted to program.  It prompted for a Pin number but never showed one to use so we created a four digit pin.  Now when it programs, (we're using All Keys Lost function), it goes thru the menu, there is three steps, 1st step successful, step 2 says its reading the pin, which then displays our new 4 digit pin we created, says successful, but step 3, key learning goes into the 12 minute cycle and after 12 minutes its says unsuccessful, error code 31.  I've tried over and over with no success.  Its plugged in using USB and we have internet as required.  I even put the new cut blade onto the old fob so door and buttons on fob work.  I think something went bad when we created our own pin!  Any help is appreciated. 

•   Level 7   
    (1593) points
    promaster

2021-03-02 22:09:01 (Reply to:SouthernAuto)

Here is a video with different tool. You must have the PIN CODE from the dealer if your tool can't pull the code. https://youtu.be/OED7WLu1-4U?t=126

•   Level 1   
    (3) points

2021-03-27 10:48:55 (Reply to:SouthernAuto)

Autel programer any key

Total1 Pages