Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Maxisys Elite vs FJDS 2014 Ford Explore...
Maxisys Elite vs FJDS 2014 Ford Explorer PCM replacement

1090 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2021-03-26 03:02:49

•   Level 3   
    (57) points
    Mitsuman
    2021-03-25 11:47:48
    Recently I took on a job replacing a PCM in a 2014 Ford Explorer.

I did my due diligence by checking the vehicle coverage and found that the PCM was covered.

The replacement portion of the PCM seemed to work as I followed all the prompts and it ended successfully, but when trying to start the vehicle I found that the keys were not programmed to the new PCM.

The Maxisys Elite had a section for PATS and I ran it waiting for the 600seconds to elapse just to find out that it did not gain adequate access to program the existing keys to the new PCM.  Seems to me that this data should have copied over during the PCM replacement procedure.

I called tech support just to find out that the Maxisys Elite cannot to PATS functions on the 2014 Explorer even though the menus and submenus suggest otherwise.

I had to pony up the $50 to FJDS and do it with my J2534.  This worked, but made me look bad when asking the customer for the extra $50.

Can someone from Autel please be more specific on the functions you can perform on the Maxisys Elite so that I will stop getting my tit in the wringer with jobs I profess to be able to do just to find out that I cannot, or that they will cost more than I quoted?  This is just plain embarrassing. One of my main competitors has a snap on tool and he constantly rubs in that I wasted my money on the Maxisys Elite as he is able to do all the functions that I cannot thus far.

Get it together Autel....

•   Level 3   
    (68) points
    Tecknica

2021-03-26 03:02:49

Hi Mitsuman,

I found your post to be a great source of information.  I would like to share experiences like this with others so we don't repeat the same mistakes.

If I may add, the issue you encountered is not unique to Autel.  You were lucky to program the key to the ECM with the Jbox.  Mopar does not allow it.  At least that was my experience a couple of month ago.
    I would not worry about others saying anything bad about your scanner.  I am sure many people will assure you  that while Autel is not perfect, it does put a lot of the snap-on scanners to shame.
    A glitch in Snap-On is the VSC calibration on Lexus.  If you connect a Snap-on scanner to a Lexus vehicle, you will loose the Zero Point calibration.  Then the car will either have to go to the dealer or you can use an Autel tool to re calibrate.  It is true.  I am not making this up.

Keep up the good posts!

Cheers.
  Total1 Pages