Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > gmc ABS not bleeding 1998
gmc ABS not bleeding 1998

909 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2021-09-28 15:57:58

•   Level 2   
    (11) points

2021-09-27 22:17:30
    ABS bleeding on GMC 1998 Sierra. Can. Not find use c-truck but will not work? Anyone have any ideas why. Maxi System scanners.

Tags: maxisys

•   Level 5   
    (342) points
    witsend

2021-09-28 07:43:07 (Reply to:)

I'm probably wrong in what I think, It's just my idea, but I would try and see if manually selecting a Chevrolet Silverado might be a workaround,, if not try to get a hold  an old DS708, or a Snap On scanner for the old car models . I seem to remember my old DS708 worked better on those old cars than my Maxi Sys Elite . When New model software first releases ( most cars are still under new warranty at dealer) I think software version will work as good as it ever will , then after a few years OE copyright challenges creates  layer upon layer of system software optimizations listed as accommodating some new feature or adding a new language or other fluff ,and naturally some things get tweaked  in order to avoid OE copyright infringement lawsuits, and over time some of the work around tweaks work ok, and some don't always work , and the software of older vehicles  eventually gets compromised from all the optimizing, and either gets removed or has to be licensed for use if a suitable software workaround can't be found by a certain date . The older the vehicles get, the unresolved software challenges gradually move through the courts and because more and more OE companies build cars in China now there's more legal pressure that cause  Optimizing updates to be more common than before, it's kind of a fine juggling act on a tightrope . things, break , have to disappear, fixed , then reappear later, who knows , but it's got to be frustrating challenge to be a software engineer if something is working just fine as is and suddenly some bureaucrat  says to change it to satisfy another bureaucrat.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points

2021-09-28 15:57:58 (Reply to:witsend)
    I will try the Silverado as you recommend. Thank you for your knowledge and trying to
    help me in fixing my problem.
  Total1 Pages