Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > best scanner to use to replace win modul...
best scanner to use to replace win module on 2010 dodge with used one?

2979 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: 2022-03-29 04:03:05

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    Raymond Pitchford
    2021-11-20 17:01:47
     My win module on a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan is defective. I have a used one with a key to replace it.  What would be the best scanner to do this with. 
     Reading I found I have to pull the pin from the old one and write it to the new (used) one and it should work, unless I missed something. 
    Thanks for any help you can give me.

Raymond

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
     I have been looking around and I see that the IM508 should be able to do this but Im not sure as things can be a bit sketchy here.
    Is this the one or should I keep looking.  When Im done with my dodge I will be using it for work, mostly dodge. ford transit vans and gm up to 3500 all school bus's. I wont be working on any foreign cars at all.

tks 

Raymond

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2021-11-28 17:55:50 (Reply to:Raymond Pitchford)

I would be surprised if a used module would work. Most theft related parts must be
    new. In fact for a while there, when replacing the WIN module new keys MUST be used.
    I know, I tried programming used keys from the van that I was installing the WIN
    module in and it bricked the new WIN. The dealer is supposed to warn you when you
    purchase the WIN but they forgot to tell me. That was not for all models, just certain
    ones.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points

2021-12-14 00:57:17

Did you get it figured out?

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    elab

2021-12-14 23:39:06 (Reply to:Raymond Pitchford)

IM508 or 608 should work OK.
    From the IMMO module replacement screen, choose Erase VIN Code(WCM). Do that
    then go back and select Powetrain control module (PCM) replaced.

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    jobeso66

2022-01-11 08:27:39

Win module dodge/chrysler replacement using a scan tool must be brand new from dealership no way around it. But you can clone it to a used win module from junk yard. I used vvdi prog with success

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    jobeso66

2022-01-11 08:29:06

Win module dodge/chrysler replacement using a scan tool must be brand new from dealership no way around it. You can't change its vin number . But you can clone it to a used win module from junk yard. I used vvdi prog with success

•   Level 1   
    (3) points

2022-02-27 07:17:54 (Reply to:jobeso66)

Would like to hear more on this cloning

•   Level 2   
    (21) points
    lwoood

2022-03-28 16:19:16

So here's the deal, you can change the vin in the used WIN but it still won't work on a 10. You can however change the vin in the pcm and the used WIN pin will now work to program the theft with the donor PIN. The ABS light will come on and will need re initiated to change it's vin. Hope the TCM doesn't complain! Now relearn the throttle and your done until Dodge figures out the VIN has been changed but that's another adventure for another day. Easy Peasy!

•   Level 2   
    (22) points

2022-03-29 03:47:45 (Reply to:lwoood)

You CAN use a used WIN module, but you will need to reset it before programming it.
    The IM508 and IM608 both perform this function.The keys will not work on new
    vehicle. You will need new keys.
  Total2 Pages