Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > 2.4 L 2018 Jeep Compass unexpected surpr...
2.4 L 2018 Jeep Compass unexpected surprises

886 Views 0 Replies Create Time: 2022-01-16 03:49:08

•   Level 5   
    (342) points
    witsend
    2022-01-16 03:49:08
     I had to Jump the battery and have the customer drive a few block to my garage. Vehicle charging system working fine . I disconnect and remove the battery and the customer chases down a new battery. Customer brings new battery and I am ready to go put it in, and the customer opens the door and much to our surprise the dome lights and headlights come on without the battery installed yet, liked that possessed 58 Plymouth in the movie Christine. WTF does it need a 2nd battery for. There's actually another smaller battery semi hidden  just in front of the main battery.
       Surprise #2 After replacing the Jeep's main battery, I was able to do an auto scan of all the modules of this SGM equipped vehicle and retrieve all the codes for a report and the vehicle allowed me to do a quick erase of all the codes without the Autel 12+8 connector or having any Auto Auth membership that I'm aware of. I didn't think with these SGM equipped vehicles that erasing codes was possible without an Auto Auth or bypassing the SGM with the 12+8 adapter.
       Unpleasant Surprise #3. After I was done , I wasn't able to detach my VCI 100 Dongle from the vehicle DLC without going under the dash with a pick to carefully undo my VCI100 dongle from the DLC prong that effectively locked the VCI on to the DLC .Funky aggravating.stuff to deal with so you don't damage the VCI
  Total1 Pages