Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > dear manger my device doesn't have advan...
dear manger my device doesn't have advance mode for vw jeta

709 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2022-03-15 19:16:37

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    SASS
    2022-03-11 13:22:37
    Am doing 2017 vw jeta but I don't have advance mode why?

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    Kenneth Lentini

2022-03-15 19:16:37 (Reply to:SASS)

VAG stopped the service.  Now everyone in the world lost that ability to make keys for AKL on VAG cars.  I have contacted Autel several times about this problem and the only answer they tell us is the server is down.  The sad thing is I purchased my IM608 on 11/13/2021 and used it one time successfully.  The next time I attempted to use it the server was down.  We as the customers need to ban together and let Autel know how unhappy we are.  I was told by the Autel sales people this machine will work on VAG vehicles with AKL thats why I decided to purchase the machine.  Autel support told me I can remove the cluster and pull the info that way.  The problem is it is very risky and if one thing goes wrong it will cost you 2300.00 for a new cluster.  At minimum Autel should address this problem and make a step by step video showing us the cluster programming process.  I have looked for six months online and can't find any help.  The only thing I can say is don't take the job unless you are 100% confident with programming the cluster.  

I hope this helps you.  If you ever think Autel will respond to this problem you will be sadly mistaken.  They are caught in the middle.  What I found out from another locksmith is VAG had problems with people steeling vehicles in Europe and they decided to shut down the servers to us the third party users.  I can't confirm that part of the story.  But as of now the VAG advanced mode is down for everyone.

I ask anyone in our community to please comment to this thread if they have any information or work arounds to this problem.  I personally have lost thousands of dollars in business.  I had used car lots lined up just waiting for me to make keys for them.  Sadly I made one key before they turned me off.

I hope you find this information useful. Take care and be safe.

Kenny
    The locksmith

Total1 Pages