Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > I bough Maxi Dias registered it 2018. So...
I bough Maxi Dias registered it 2018. Sold with one year warranty. free updates. Turns out that tool last update was in 2017. Year before I bought it brand new. So I don’t get no Software updates. Autel say sell or know this big dint new. .

490 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2023-05-26 15:28:26

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    David
    2023-05-26 14:29:31
     I bought my Maxi diag in 2018. It was sold through Autel agent. New with year warranty and lifetime free updates.A  Good deal so I bought it. I did notice the there was never any updates come through and when I checked this out I was told machine was only updated to 2017 year before I bought it. They tell me that dealers do that but forget to tell you about until out of date. So I get machine with year warranty. No updates at all let alone lifetime for free. I believe I was miss sold this unit. Because I would not have bought a tool that was one year past any updates could be put into it.  I now know why it does not function well on my 2018 Volvo. Please can any one in Autel help me to swap/ part exchange for mx808s.  Which is what  Autel are saying I need.I think that as a good will gesture they should swap unit. At very least with payment  adjusted. Please please help me David. 

•   Level 9   
    (3492) points

2023-05-26 15:27:38 (Reply to:David)

Hi,your maxidiag can be updated,download Autel update application and install it on
    your windows PC. First make a Autel I'd ,connect the scanner to your Autel I'd,install
    the update program on your PC and put the software on the SD cart. Only. it doesn't go
    younger as 2018 model year. See you tube for instructions from autel

•   Level 9   
    (3492) points

2023-05-26 15:28:26 (Reply to:David)

Hi,your maxidiag can be updated,download Autel update application and install it on
    your windows PC. First make a Autel I'd ,connect the scanner to your Autel I'd,install
    the update program on your PC and put the software on the SD cart. Only. it doesn't go
    younger as 2018 model year. See you tube for instructions from autel
  Total1 Pages