Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Can´t erase srs FR421 in a 2017 mitsubis...
Can´t erase srs FR421 in a 2017 mitsubishi montero

427 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2023-06-08 18:17:25

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    RAFAEL GarciaValino
    2023-06-08 06:35:32
     Good morning from Spain!!!
    I already have my new unit AL619 purchased by Amazon. 
    My vehicle is a Mitsubishi Montero  year 2016, type V88W class MYHJL6. The scanner detects it automatically. 
    Once verified that the installed software version is compatible with my vehicle (V7.0) I have scanned the SRS errors and I appear 2 :
    B1421 STORED DTC FR SIDE ABG SQUIB OPEN 
    B1431 STORED DTC FL SIDE ABG SQUIB OPEN 
    these two errors occur when the abs of the two front seats have been disconnected to clean them
    After connecting them correctly the error still appears.
     once the two errors have been detected, I select the ERASE option but nothing happens, the errors are not erased and remain.
    on the device appears : ERASE CODES COMMAND SENT ....... but error codes continue to appear after deletion
     I have tried several times but they are still there. I checked that the two seat connectors are connected under the seats
    I checked that the V7 version is installed on my device for the Mitsubishi brand I’ve restarted the AL619 The AL619 sends the erase order but the vehicle warning light does not blink or turn off, errors remain when I check. 
    Buy the AL619 from Amazon just to clear these error codes. 
    Any idea why they’re not erased?
    could you help me with this problem?
    Thanks in advance and have a good day!!!!

•   Level 9   
    (3672) points

2023-06-08 17:45:19 (Reply to:RAFAEL GarciaValino)

Hi, the problem you must find in the airbag squib that is mounted under the steeri ng
    wheel check the airbag wires and connector to the squib ,when this is correct you can
    erase the codes.

•   Level 9   
    (3672) points

2023-06-08 18:17:25 (Reply to:RAFAEL GarciaValino)

Hi, be extra precautious when working on the airbag system ,when there is a code
    1431. You must check the can bus lines always.
  Total1 Pages