Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > IM 608 not able to generate universal ke...
IM 608 not able to generate universal keys

698 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2023-11-03 16:43:27

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    Kenneth Lentini
    2023-10-30 01:54:53
       Hi.

I really hope someone can help me with this problem.  I have a IM608 and I have been trying to generate universal smart keys for almost three years now.  I get lucky about 1 in ever 100 times.  No matter what vehicles I try they fail to generate about 99% of the time.  I have completely given up on the Autel keys.  My problem is I now need to program some vehicles with remote start and the VVDI smart keys only have 5 buttons.  I have spent thousands of dollars in supplies and the IM608 and this has become a major problem for me.  

I want to know if anyone else has had this problem and if so what did you do to resolve the problem.

Here is the issue I am having.  I place the Autel smart key to be generated into the XP400 programmer and it starts the process.  The problem is it always fails before completing the process.

I receive the same message.  I will include a picture of the error message.  I have tried for well over 100 hours over the past three years and it always fails me.  I say always but once in a while I get lucky and it works.

I am of the understanding that the IM608 has the KM100 built into the machine.  So there should be no reason I need to purchase a KM100 to generate Autel smart keys.

Anyone who has any information on this topic I am begging you for your help.  Trying to get customer support from Autel or my supplier is useless and a waste of time.  Both of them just blame each other and nothing gets done.

Thank you in advance for your help and comments

Kenny

I am on a Mac computer and it will not allow me to upload my pictures I get an error message from the server.

I will type here word for word the error message I get every time I attempt to program a new key

Generate Universal Key

X. (a big red X)

Universal-key generation failed.  Perform the following

1.  Check if the battery of the universal key is sufficiently charged.

2.  Adjust the placement of the universal key keep it flat or upside down

3.  Check if there is interference of other universal keys, environmental interference, etc. nearby. 

I have done everything listed above with no success.

•   Level 1   
    (6) points

2023-11-03 16:43:27 (Reply to:Kenneth Lentini)

Hopefully this helps, I had the same intermittent problem but not as bad as yours.
    The stock usb cable used between the im608 and the xp400 went bad on me.
    Had a spare printer usb cable of the same type at hand that I started using.
    No problems generating since.
  Total1 Pages