Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Are we loosing our ability to program mo...
Are we loosing our ability to program modules or clone using im tools without a vsp at nastf?

176 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2024-04-22 20:31:20

•   Level 4   
    (116) points
    Jorge
    2024-03-19 01:56:22
     Are Im tools going to turn into bricks after the nastf makes it where you have to have a vsp to do programming and or any module that requires pin codes to program? 

•   Level 2   
    (38) points
    crowerrex

2024-03-27 18:05:20 (Reply to:Jorge)

No they are not, there may be tougher restrictions put on new tool sales but this will not be the case. If Autel wants to face the largest litigation ever seen by a technology company they will do this, NASFT is just fear mongering and spouting bullshit at this point. Unless the government mandates as such, a private business like NASTF can take a seat.

•   Level 4   
    (116) points
    Jorge
    2024-03-28 02:07:24 (Reply to:crowerrex)
     I hope your right. I'm already looking into other tool manufacturer that are not even considering joining that stupid nastf requirements to have vsp. 99% of my work with im tools is programming and adding keys, if I lose the ability to do my work because of not having a vsp with nastf then my only choice is to sell what ever tools I have that will participate and invest in non nastf participating tools. 

•   Level 2   
    (38) points
    crowerrex

2024-04-22 20:31:20 (Reply to:Jorge)

...big surprise, nothing still in the news or from any official sources, big pile of bull$%#t. ;)
  Total1 Pages