Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Volvo XC60 - "Parking Brake Temporaily U...
Volvo XC60 - "Parking Brake Temporaily Unavailable" warning light

63 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2024-05-09 09:13:31

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    Jeffrey Miller
    2024-05-08 16:38:01
     A warning light popped up on my wife's 2018 XC60 t5 R-Design that stated the Parking Brake Temporarily Unavailable. I recently purchased the Autel MK808 scanner and ran a scan that resulted in various codes coming up (see attached picture) pointing towards some problems. It appears that the rear right brake motor has failed, along with possibly the caliper piston actuator? Since I am new to scanners I am looking for anyone being in agreement with this? I drove it around the block and then touched the rear rotors and while they were warm, they didn't seem any warmer than the front which leads me to believe that are at least not binding. At this point I am contemplating whether I should take it into the dealership or attempt to replace the rear right motor, caliper, pads and rotor. It appears to be a pretty straightforward repair that I believe I can do. But maybe I am better off being taking it to the dealership and letting them diagnose. Thanks for any suggestions and/or feedback.
    file:  IMG_6860.jpeg

•   Level 9   
    (3894) points

2024-05-09 09:13:31 (Reply to:Jeffrey Miller)

Hi, various codes coming up? Strongly suggest check the cem module.
  Total1 Pages