Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd 3.7L V6 pickupw ...
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd 3.7L V6 pickupw 34 gallon tank P0456 Evap system small leak

103 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2024-05-15 11:32:05

•   Level 5   
    (375) points
    witsend
    2024-05-14 22:47:11
     On my Maxi Sys Elite and IM 508, I wasn't able to find any active test for the  Leak Detection pump/ vent valve/ canister close valve in order to close off the Evap system in order to key on engine off smoke test or leak test with soap and look for bubbles.It only had active test for purge valve which did seal, but didn't want to release vacuum and allow flow through it till commanded 30% duty cycle or more.There was some sort of Evap test where the car had to be running but wasn't of any real help to pinpoint what actually is leaking in system. I didn't have the correct test adapter to fit the lines that connect to purge valve, but was able to connect leak tester to the line at end where it connects by hose to the intake plenum, and KOEO command the purge valve to 50 % duty cycle with the Maxi Sys Elite and plug the vent hose that comes off the LDP with a 1/2"extension to leak test evap system. Nothing conclusive was heard or found, so I ordered the purge control valve because it won't start to open until commanded 30% or more duty cycle, and tossing the  LDP at it because, no KOEO EVAP system seal special function was found on either tool.

•   Level 9   
    (4179) points

2024-05-15 11:32:05 (Reply to:witsend)

Hi, try the cheap solution and put on a new fuel cap.
  Total1 Pages