Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Throttle Adaptation Reset
Throttle Adaptation Reset

110 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: 2024-06-06 08:55:14

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    Larry Roman
    2024-06-03 20:06:46
     I have an Autel MaxiPro 808. I am currently working on a 2004 BMW  530i.  I have replaced the TBI and need to reset the throttle adaptation.  I am in need of direction for navigating to that function in the tool.  Can someone help me with navigation?

•   Level 9   
    (4194) points

2024-06-04 09:35:37 (Reply to:Larry Roman)

Hi, choose service,than choose throttle, than go to BMW, there you see BMW auto
    select, I don't know if your car has this already due to his age, but when its recognized
    follow on screen instructions to reset the throttle.

•   Level 9   
    (4194) points

2024-06-04 09:45:32 (Reply to:Larry Roman)

Hi, in the case your car is to old you can reset the throttle manually doing this, sit in the
    car, put on ignition and do not press the brake pedal when doing this,than slowly press
    accelerator pedal to the floor and keep it there for 15 seconds and than slowly release
    pedal. Turn off ignition. Than start your engine without touching the gas pedal and
    keep it running for a while. Now your throttle is learned.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    Larry Roman
    2024-06-05 21:24:51 (Reply to:)
    Sorry for the delayed response.  With work I have not had a chance to try the steps above until now.

I followed the steps above.  Once I chose auto select there were not prompts.  I had the following options: Diagnosis or Hot Functions.

Under hot functions I have the following options: idle speed or idle speed: target value and actual value

Under Diagnosis I have the following option: DME(Engine-Motor Electronics)

Under DME(Engine-Motor Electronics): Read code or Erase codes

Did I take a wrong turn along the way?  Reminder I have the MaxiPro 808

Any further direction would be greatly appreciated

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    Larry Roman
    2024-06-05 21:25:23 (Reply to:)
     I tried the steps provide and there was no change.

•   Level 9   
    (4194) points

2024-06-06 08:30:40 (Reply to:Larry Roman)

Hi, please see you tube for instruction video on what to do correctly to relearn throttle
    position manually or with a scanner ,sometimes on older cars this can only be done
    manually or by dealer equipment.

•   Level 9   
    (4194) points

2024-06-06 08:55:14 (Reply to:Larry Roman)

Hi, try to find information under diagnostics ,fill in the right type of BMW( is it a E60
    orM54 or E60 or E46) you did not gave that information.after filling in the right type
    you get many things to choose from but maybe throttle adaptation is not supported for
    that year in the system.
  Total1 Pages