Communities > FAQ > FAQ > Important Notice about MaxiDAS DS708
Important Notice about MaxiDAS DS708

29652 Views 17 Replies Latest reply: 2022-12-12 15:07:30

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support
    2017-01-12 09:50:42
    Dear customers,

Kindly be noted that DS708 has been discontinued already and there will be no software update after Dec 31st, 2017. Now we've removed the Buy Update option for DS708 on Autel website. So there is no need to buy new update license for this tool and please make backup of the current software on your tool. If you have to buy update license in the future, please contact with your dealer or Autel support. Thanks!

Best regards,
    Autel Support Team

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-01-13 03:03:42 (Reply to:Autel Support)

Back not long ago when you folk announced the tool was discontinued from production over a year ago, it was still going to be sold through 2016 , supported with hardware through 2017, and the software supported with updates through 2020.
      I think it be too late to think about creating working back up software after  subscription periods are over because ultimately there is probably some  small protected file that won't transfer and the tool probably will just deny you authorization to use it when you need it.

2015-02-26 03:25:12
    Dear Customers, 
    DS708 will be discontinued on 2016, however we still sell it in 2015. And we will continue to provide the software update for 5 more years during 2016 - 2020 and hardware service for 2 more years during 2016 - 2017.

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    --

2017-01-13 23:59:01

I not understand. I have a DS708 from 2014.
    I want to buy updates and renew my subscription because i have old software.
    Does this mean i can't buy any updates anymore?

It's no problem when updating stops on Sep. 2017 but we need to be able to download latest software?

Best regards,

Andre Vermeieren 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-01-16 03:33:09 (Reply to:Autel Support)

Hey Support, What about other sites that claim to be an Authorized Autel dealer that appear to still Sell DS708 Updates at this time? Will a purchased DS708 update from one of these websites that still list them be honored by Autel and work until December 31 2017?

http://www.autelscanner.com/products/Autel-MaxiDas-DS708-Update-Service_829.html

At this stage would you say that what ever you can download and be able to call "Updates"right now until January 31st, would really not add newer coverage from this date until Dec31st?
     Will the Final update level then be sold as Restore software, so you can still honestly say with a straight face it still will have software support until 2020, like you said back in February 2015.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support
    2017-01-22 03:16:41 (Reply to:--)
    Hi, if the software on your tool are for 2014, you could pay update fee to your dealer to download new software for 2015 and 2016.

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    dasmechanic

2017-02-25 20:32:38 (Reply to:Autel Support)

Ok, SERIOUSLY when is the update stops?
    Because my update expires next month, I was planning to buy a new update. Do I have to pay a full year again or not, any discount on it?
    I believe many users have the same problems.
    Let us know, thank you

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-03-05 15:46:03 (Reply to:dasmechanic)

Do you have backup software ? Before your free update period is expired , you best make  backup of your working  SD card, to your clean PC then copy and paste it to a new SD card( first ensure new SD card is formatted in FAT32).Then save the older working card as your backup software.
       The new card should work in the DS 708, if it doesn't,  then open the Software suite on the PC and put the SD card in the card reader and let the Software Suite check contents and possibly update something missing. The DS708 update service will no longer be available after December of 2017 , so you will likely not get 12months of update access time , and who knows at this stage what vehicle software if any is in the works for any more significant added coverage . If Autel suddenly comes out and says they have the Final DS708 System Optimizer update you better just turn off it's  WIFI and run for the hills.LOL . I would deny the WIFI from connecting to the network any longer and automatically connecting to Autel's server at least 30 days before expiration of updates.
       I  

•   Level 3   
    (98) points
    CHRIS

2017-03-28 15:04:58 (Reply to:witsend)

Beware updates deleting working files and cleaning SD card..makes 708 inoperable with no support..it's a wheel chock now

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-03-28 16:45:04 (Reply to:CHRIS)

I don't think the loyal workers at Autel  wish to make our expired DS708s into wheel chocks any more than we do, but we never heard the details of the court outcome with Ford and possibly others that may already have court appointed suits and ties in the server room calling the shots with their own people, that really have final say as to what Autel can give us in the software or take away from it. After support was pulled from the user forum and no longer tries to help folk out  with questions and problems , or at least try a part time moderator to serve as  damage control to the company image, you can only conclude that writing is on the wall , and the outcome was not favorable for Autel , or at least the aftermarket diagnostic sector of it might be on the verge  going into receivership, possible as a puppet subsidiary of Strap On and Furd hanging in Limbo. Anyone with a DS708 or Maxi Sys out of your free update periods , In my opinion to play it safe , you best have turned off the WIFI and internet access months ago. Best guess , Another year from now Autel might  carry on making cool drones, code readers , and TPMS tools , but likely  be making the boards for IDS 3 and Ford automotive modules and a watered down version of Maxi Sys line that briefly become re-badged Strapon Blue oval Ephos Extremes with a short Hyped up ad campaign as a budget alternative to the Virus Hedge. Just a wild guess , but if support doesn't want to weigh in and say anything to the contrary , who's to say what is going on?

•   Level 4   
    (130) points
    dadaadodzi

2017-05-25 09:17:24

Mine has expire about 3 years ago, what should I do. AUTEL MASSYS PRO.
  Total2 Pages