Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > J2534 > MaxiFlash Pro > programming honda with maxiflash pro
programming honda with maxiflash pro

12827 Views 27 Replies Latest reply: 2015-06-06 10:46:45

•   Level 2   
    (44) points
    jensen service
    2015-03-19 16:51:03 (Reply to:Fixcenter)
    I have tried 2 different hondas and they both won't communicate. But works great on
    gm and ford oe software

•   Level 3   
    (95) points
    tientran909

2015-03-20 10:01:08 (Reply to:Fixcenter)

The software recognized my tool as well. In fact i got HONDA HDS running too, it recognized the autel J2534 then again communication error. Tried both acura and honda and nothing work. How about you try civic 2002 , rsx 2006 and post the result . I think you might be misunderstanding the J2534 Programing. Are you programing using the laptop and J2534? We're not talking about running it on the Maxisys.

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-03-20 22:13:41 (Reply to:k2356)

Thanks for the information to start off as it seems the best support is in the communities not the manufacturer. Between my personal use the few times I've been able to get a live person on the phone picking their brain and whatever I can gather from other sources been trying to put together the big picture about capabilities for the 908P and whether or not I should upgrade. Currently have the 905 mini  recently purchased and happy with the extensive coverage although it has some things that don't work or gaps (all scan tools do) mostly disappointed with management system which is a bare bones and locked. Like others WI-fi is flaky but get it to do basic needs like printing reports and updates. Went for the mini because bigger screen meant nothing to me and after talking to support software different from base 908 to 908P. Have been using cardaq-plus for 8-10 years now and is always the unit validated on OEM sites or something they made for other vendors like snap on so I agree on that point. The big mystery to me or what Autel isn't willing to state is whether using 908P always requires use of manufacturer's website especially J2534-2 capabilities or do they supply programming,coding directly to the tool without OEM like Auto Logic. Since shop works on everything split by region evenly and some manufacturers are just way too expensive unless you specialize what's done or not done just with the 908P is paramount as I could just continue using cardaq if those capabilities aren't any different from my current status as 908P would just be another  scan tool as far as I'm concerned. Not sure what community to post in as this is the first but we are talking about what I'm trying to find out more about. Thanks all for any replies

•   Level 6   
    (518) points
    Fixcenter

2015-03-21 01:38:59 (Reply to:tientran909)

First of all I have windows 8.1 installed on my Asus K46CB and the Honda j2534 is also
    installed on it.... I connected my maxiflash pro to a Honda Accord and my laptop... I
    switched on the ignition and click on start button on the software...it recognized my
    maxiflash then recognized the vehicle.. just two control units... ABS Module and
    MICU....I was in need of programming MICU and I did that without issue...

•   Level 4   
    (110) points
    wgregkz1

2015-03-21 05:47:18 (Reply to:k2356)

WOW
    i have attempted to reflash about 20 to 30 pcm's and still have not been able to do one yet off the Autel sever as advertised.
    What a dissapointment.My subscription is up and just dont have $1300.00 laying around for a product that still wont flash,WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

•   Level 2   
    (44) points
    edisantay2

2015-03-23 10:13:35 (Reply to:wgregkz1)

For all who saying autel is not good, I'm using my maxsys pro every day and I'm very
    happy with it, I use my maxisys pro with loptop programming bmw, benz, gm, ford,
    never have no problem, except honda, acura.

•   Level 2   
    (44) points
    edisantay2

2015-03-23 10:13:37 (Reply to:wgregkz1)

For all who saying autel is not good, I'm using my maxsys pro every day and I'm very
    happy with it, I use my maxisys pro with loptop programming bmw, benz, gm, ford,
    never have no problem, except honda, acura.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-04-08 10:59:42 (Reply to:Fixcenter)

Could the reason that you had success programming that 2013 Honda  be that you only use a Maxi Flash Pro from a Windows 8 laptop from the very start and not ever paired it as a VCI to a MS908 where the files could possibly be stored and sent  to a 3rd party server in China?LOL

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-05-16 19:01:28 (Reply to:wgregkz1)

here is an alternative for under 150 dollars http://www.wobd2.com/wholesale/honda-hds-him-diagnostic-tool.html with lates calib files. you can use your spx mvci or which ever tool you have for Honda. this version does not work with a passthru though.

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    J Gutz

2015-05-16 20:21:55 (Reply to:ede65)

Thanks for sharing that Ede65, I have an older HIM that I bought a couple of years ago from China, I wonder if it could be used to flash...
  Total3 Pages