Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > J2534 > MaxiFlash Pro > J2534 Programmer questions
J2534 Programmer questions

9757 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: 2015-05-02 10:09:11

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2015-04-07 17:47:16
       Eventually I want to upgrade from a DS708 to a Maxi Sys platform . As for the MS908P ,Information is very vague whether or not any of the actual progamming done with files downloaded directly from ANY OE manufacturer web sites with a purchased subscription from THEM will work through  the MaxiSys Pro or a Windows Laptop.using the  j2534 VCI ,
       Autel posts Compatible with Toyota Techstream, Volvo VIDA, Honda HDS, Jaguar-Land Rover IDS and BMW 3G for OEM diagnostics" What about the  OE programming side? Like  downloading it from a genuine OE site, like  if we purchase a subscription to get the files not yet available from Autel site for download?
      OE Diagnostic capability is what the MaxiSys claims it should already have built into it without having to buy an OE scanner or subscription to do OE diagnostics. I would only wish to purchase an OE subscription if I had a blank modules that had to be programmed if the files are not yet available from Autel for download!
      Has anyone with a Maxi Sys Pro bought an OE subscription, found and downloaded the files you needed from an OE site and the j2534 programmer was supported and  it all went as planned?  Or will I end up towing cars to dealers?
      I'm assuming whatever files are available to download from Autel's server for programming are going to work and are there for MS908P users with current update subscriptions who will  have access to what they have but. I think the OE manufacturers are wised up knowing that whatever programming files go from them that go through a J2534 device of a MaxiSys Pro, a single paid subscription is going end up in an aftermarket data base, then downloaded and used by a hundred other people that are not going to pay them a dime for the software .So  do you think that might be a reason the OE's don't support it as a pass through device? ROFLMAO

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-04-08 19:54:58 (Reply to:witsend)

You're asking the right questions brother and don't be surprised you've already figured most of it out but I'll let all the people who thought they were going to program every car line just using Autel elaborate because it doesn't seem so from various posts.

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-04-08 20:14:49 (Reply to:witsend)

I think I have most of your answer for you in a backdoor way if you open the products tab and select each of the individual j-2534 tools for one manufacturer some show factory diagnostics like Jaguar others like Ford show compatibility with FMP which would only work on a PC and still others like GM aren't even offering the tech 2 win or global diagnostics scan tool capabilities. I got to believe the Maxi-flash only offers the same set-up as these individual tools do so the capabilities of the 908P advertised other than programming files they have at Autel already is probably the same if you can get J-Box to work with PC and OEM requirements to even get diagnostics.

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-04-13 04:55:38 (Reply to:witsend)

You only have to install the drivers that came on CD of Autel on a laptop. Connect J2534 to a laptop, subscribe on the OEM website.

I've already tried on Ford, BMW and PSA.  But it works in all most all brands. Just follow the instructions available in all most OEM websites. 

Some are more easier than another.

•   Level 2   
    (44) points
    jensen service

2015-04-14 10:13:54 (Reply to:Pedro)

We have gm and ford subscription and both work great

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-04-14 12:59:06 (Reply to:jensen service)

Good! GM never tried Ford and BMW I've already tried and it works great

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    mechgov

2015-04-14 14:02:59

Most software programming is done right through the manufacture to vehicle, with the j2534 as an interface. With that being said there are some files that are downloaded but usually for the entertainment equipment, ex sync, and command updates. once a control unit has been updated then you my have to go into the control unit and verify the asbuilt data or settings have not changed or certain features may not work. I have run into a few cases where new control units were installed and cruise control did not work, this was a selectable option that was missed after the install and programming. The domestic car lines at least gm and ford are pretty straight foward, the european cars like mercedes and bmw are a real handful, espically with ic replacement, transmission control unit replacement on 722.9 and me control units.

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-04-18 16:26:38 (Reply to:mechgov)

I agree with you. Ford it's very easy to do.

•   Level 3   
    (58) points
    Frederick Wiedmer

2015-04-20 08:41:02 (Reply to:witsend)

I have already used Ford,GM,Chrysler,Nissan,those all worked,it did not work on
    Honda,Mitsubishi,Toyota you could program but you can not use tech stream
    diagnostics,some manufacturers must only use an approved J2534 VCI like Drew
    tech,or Snap on,pass thru pro,or a Bosch VCI,or finally what ever interface VCI they
    have verified and approved which you could always check the OE WEB site and see
    which J2534 VCI they approve of,I myself own several different brands of J2534 VCI
    Interface modules,the Snap on is actually made by Drew technologies,which are the
    leaders is the programming industry,then Bosch is also top of the line anda lot of
    Manufacturers approved all of the Bosch equipment,there are a few others and believe
    it or not a lot of the cheap Chinese knock offs also work well,but beware of glitches
    with those,I hope I helped answer your confusion

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    chap555

2015-04-28 08:35:14 (Reply to:Pedro)

Hi
    Can you please explain how do you get the relevant OEM website.I.e www?For the
    European market.
    Thanks
    George
  Total2 Pages