Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > J2534 > MaxiFlash Pro > Can't get Maxiflash Pro to work with Kia...
Can't get Maxiflash Pro to work with Kia J2534 Software?

2810 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-23 17:20:14

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    aandeauto
    2015-07-22 08:35:26
      For some reason, when I try to perform a flash update using my MaxiFlash Pro and Kia's J2534 Software, I am given error code "j2534 failure Error ::rom id read error." 

The tool is connected to the PC via USB and is updated to the latest firmware. 

When i spoke to a representative at Kia, they said that errors of this nature are typically resolved by the tool manufacturer (of course, I can't seem to reach anyone at Autel), and that this may be caused by the tool being incompatible with Kia's software.

Any ideas on how I might be able to rectify this issue?

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-23 15:49:10 (Reply to:aandeauto)

yes. your probably right. coincidentally i posted the same issue on another thread, didn't noticed yours until now. a few vci (maxiflash-pro) are having communication issues after the last vci software released. one of the member that emailed me is having issues with gm tisweb and tis2000 software as well. others are having issues on and off with just about all of them.  hopefully autel can take a good look at it and figure out whats going on. all this vci can not be going out at the same time.   kia software is compatible with all passthru, anything you trow at it will work.

•   Level 6   
    (482) points
    Awais

2015-07-23 17:20:14

To All Fellow Members,

Those who are using MaxiFlash Pro and till now did not update firmware version 3.12.1, please contact me immediately. Do not update your MaxiFlash Pro firmware till any clarification about this issue.

Email: owaisnajam@yahoo.com
    Whatsapp: +966502847991

Its urgent. Thanks.
  Total1 Pages