Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > J2534 > MaxiFlash Pro > Update Cost
Update Cost

3276 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2016-02-21 11:27:53

•   Level 4   
    (107) points
    stephens
    2016-02-06 00:38:39
    Why do the updates cost so much. When I bought this I was told the updates would be reasonable,I just signed in here today and got a message that updates were like $1200. Why would I pay that when I have not been real happy with my 908p. There are still all kind of bugs in these units and I feel until this is trouble free the updates should be free.I feel like I am in the same boat that I was in with my OTC that for a few more dollars than the update you can get a whole new machine.I would like to here from others on this .
    Thanks

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    LeighH

2016-02-06 12:43:04 (Reply to:stephens)

I am in Australia & the cost for updates is $1833. AUD I nearly fell of my chair! This is a good scan tool but no better then our G-Scan or Launch . As any tech knows no scan tool will do it all so it pays to have multiple devices. My G-scan updates are $450 per year & I will happily continue with this subscription. As for the Autel Maxisys pro  when I signed up the first year of updates were free (as most companies offer) then after this time it was $900 I thought this was pricey but excepted it. 1 year on and the update price is $1833 not only will I not update, but I wont bother to look at Autel for my diagnostic needs. Maybe if it was a premium product that stood well above its competitors this price would be justified but its simply just another scan tool, 
    I don't understand autels ethics here you would think some sort of continued income from existing customers would be a lot better then making them run for the door - A lower update price would make it more likely for existing customers to upgrade there equipment
    My Autel is approaching 2 years old now & I use the J2534 module more then the scan tool, When a tool is up to date it tends to get used more & I find the G-Scan does all the Maxisys pro does - Its a shame as I enjoyed using this tool & thought it was going to be the next big thing! From time to time I stop by here to see if they have revised there pricing but its been this way for a good 12 months so don't hold your breath.  

•   Level 4   
    (117) points
    JulesD

2016-02-07 22:56:52 (Reply to:LeighH)

Leigh please contact me.  The updates aren't that much, only when purchased on the site.
    julian@efi.com.au

•   Level 4   
    (107) points
    stephens
    2016-02-09 13:54:33
     Yes when I bought mine I was led to believe that the updates were around $400. The worst part about the updates are that they are still working on getting the bugs out and my scanner still does not do all that I was told it would do. They should provide free update until this scanner does everything that we were told it would do. I do not mind paying for an update that is in line with what I was told when I bought the scanner but also when I am happy with its performance.My tech will not use it he still prefers our 2012 OTC genisys.Hopefully they will come around and take care of their customers
    Mitch

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2016-02-11 21:48:08 (Reply to:stephens)

In my opinion that is not so much. In just BMW and VAG group in one year you gain the money for that update.

•   Level 4   
    (191) points
    boss

2016-02-16 18:51:07 (Reply to:Pedro)

Hi! lads, I don't understand how such instruments can earn money with the client, if the tool makes errors in special functions, it is necessary to run after , because the client if that is not entitled for kasyak to show after payment, bad scanner

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    jyurgin

2016-02-21 11:26:33 (Reply to:stephens)

Totally with stephens on this; going to file in small claims court, make em pay for my year of updates since they didn't provide a fully functional product as per their very own warranty agreement.

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    jyurgin

2016-02-21 11:27:53 (Reply to:Pedro)

pedro, you can download the OE BMW and VAG tools from almost anywhere fo free. Autel's is simpler to set up, but far worse.
  Total1 Pages