It is now working

2005 civic could not access abs? with hds, no comm

all else worked I think

movin on to other car lines I guess

•   Level 5   
    (232) points
    nikkoms

2017-04-21 05:46:24 (Reply to:Jim)

There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to access ABS. Perhaps the module is down? Are you able to connect and read its presence with another scan tool?

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    tonyg

2017-04-23 03:11:43 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

I'm a toyota tech and in my opinion you are just talking

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    tonyg

2017-04-23 03:11:48 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

I'm a toyota tech and in my opinion you are just talking

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-04-23 16:01:40 (Reply to:tonyg)

in my opinion your not a tech in anything. if you knew the slightest thing about Toyota or techstream or anything in general you wouldn't be saying that crap, you must be one more of those inept  want to be tech that we have all over working at dealerships that know nothing but talk crap. you don't have a clue about who you talking to or what I know but I will tell this if you can learn in your lifetime what I have forgotten then maybe you can talk. and by the way my answer was not for you if you don't like it or don't believe it for undersize brain development  just move on asshole I have nothing to prove to you. go and grow up then come back in 10 years.

Toyota tech, lol  changing oil and sweeping floors and wearing an uniform made you a tech right.

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim
    2017-04-29 02:44:48 (Reply to:nikkoms)

I can access abs with my 908 but engine has to be running to perform any functional test

witch is not specified by 908 ,if I run a soliniod test koeo it fails and set a controller failure code

•   Level 5   
    (232) points
    nikkoms

2017-04-29 04:16:38 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize there was an update for the Maxiflash, I updated it but the customer car was gone by the time I performed it. I spoke to the guys that got the seed key and they replenished my keys (great service!). For that ES330 I ended up doing the old paperclip between pins 5 & 12 (I think?) on the OBD port with key on for 30 minutes and it programmed the key as master. I don't have any other Jboxs available to me, I'm pretty new to J2534. I've really only used Ford IDS to maintain a fleet so this is all a learning experience. 

•   Level 5   
    (232) points
    nikkoms

2017-04-29 04:31:19 (Reply to:Jim)

That's definitely odd. I tested my HDS 3.101.044 & Maxiflash on a 2004 Civic and a 2006 Civic Hybrid and was able to communicate and activate ABS components with KOEO. I wonder if something is faulty with your Maxiflash? What OS are you running this on? I use Win7 x86, and separate all the different manufacturers onto different VMs so as to avoid driver conflicts. You will run into issues if you have other diagnostic software shared all within the same environment. 

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim
    2017-05-02 22:16:31 (Reply to:nikkoms)

I hope the maxiflash is ok

I need to try different Honda and see

It take good 30 seconds to connect to maxisys by Bluetooth

I don't seen to have any other issue with jbox

all functions work on that 05 civic just have to have engine running to do function tests

this problem and car is what I have tested on and a few others at work with same result over the past 3 years

running win 8 x86 and also have forscan on it as well

•   Level 5   
    (232) points
    nikkoms

2017-05-03 23:26:01 (Reply to:Jim)

If you are familiar with VMWare I can share my Honda image to see if that alleviates your issues. What's your username on cartechnology?
  Total4 Pages