Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > J2534 > MaxiFlash Pro > GM Programing
GM Programing

2703 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2016-10-27 12:53:17

•   Level 2   
    (24) points
    LeeBertrand
    2016-10-26 23:44:00

I'm trying to flash a gm truck and com error. I am using the power supply with it and a usb cable. The only light on the flash pro is the power light.

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2016-10-27 01:10:53 (Reply to:LeeBertrand)

why are you using the power supply? the vehicles obd2 port supplies voltage to the jbox. also more info is needed in order to help you. did you install  the jbox  driver on your pc, did you chose maxi-flash pro from the list or maxiflash Bluetooth ,are you trying to flash on line or with tis2000, the more info the better since we can not see what you did or thinking about doing.

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim

2016-10-27 01:21:21 (Reply to:LeeBertrand)

don't need power supply

gm software preinstall on xp or win8 or 10 with correct java and internet explorer

assume you using autel jbox

install autel drivers from disc for jbox

connected jbox to car to power up then plug usb cable in

check to see if autel serial passthrough/interface is in system devices

should have com

I flash gm pcm tcm cant remember if I done bcm

maxiflash is listed on gm select devices,has been for 2 years atleast

let me know

PS. have you updated your jbox firmware

I had 3.15 then 3.16 and autel tells me that newer version is out to support honda

the jbox and more software iin the disc or go to their web site sign in and get that for drivers

it should work mine does

•   Level 2   
    (24) points
    LeeBertrand
    2016-10-27 11:28:14 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

I used a power supply to a power point in truck. I install the drivers on the pc but at the gm site there was no list to pick from. j box is ver 3.17

thanks

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2016-10-27 12:43:53 (Reply to:LeeBertrand)

ok, the jbox software version is not important, they all make communication with gm. before it gets to the window where you choose your passthru it goes thru a series of steps. you either skipped a step or your passthru driver is not installed correctly. the passthru that comes up on the list to choose from is not on the web site but rather on your pc. having the incorrect java and browser will not allow you to get there so lets make sure you have the right version of everything. use internet explorer 11  or google chrome as your browser and make sure you have their java version installed which is 7.67,  uninstall what ever other version you have and install that one right from tisweb site,  just to be sure double check on your jbox driver being installed or better yet install it again, there is a folder name j2534 on your inst cd, only install that file.

try again and hopefully it will make connection this time. if not take pictures of each step you took and post them here by opening a new thread that way it will allow you to post them. good luck .  read carefully when you log in to tisweb, on either the first pop up screen or the second one it has a link to download their java version 7.67, very easy to skip if not paying attention.  also from step to step sometimes it takes a while, have patience it will get there.

•   Level 2   
    (24) points
    LeeBertrand
    2016-10-27 12:53:17 (Reply to:spikeoo7)
     Thanks.  I will check all this.
  Total1 Pages