Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > J2534 > MaxiFlash Pro > VCI j2534 connection problem with Some c...
VCI j2534 connection problem with Some cars and How to Fix It MANUALLY

3224 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2017-05-29 16:20:23

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    Mehmood
    2017-04-07 14:49:59

Hi,
    Recently my scanner Maxisys pro is not connecting to certain type of cars such as honda, range rover, cherokee...etc. The scanner shows a green check on the VCI and car logo but it is giving an error (  No communication between tester and control unit, Please check cable.../ ignition / battery/ correct vehicle ).I think it is not working with canadian and american cars. I tested it on toyota and it worked fine and then tried it with a toyota american origin didn't work. also i tried it once on a bmw it worked then tried another bmw and it didn‘t work.
    I bought a new DLC cable and it gave the same problem.
    I thought at first it was a problem with the scan files of the scanner but now i am sure it is a hardware problem with the vci (j2534). How can i verify that this is the problem and how can i fix it.

I contacted there support but no reply

•   Level 5   
    (232) points
    nikkoms

2017-04-14 00:27:15 (Reply to:Mehmood)

What software are you using to connect to these vehicles, or are you plugging the J2534 into the maxisys USB port? I've been able to connect to every vehicle you've mentioned here in the US. 

Can you run the Maxiflash Pro.exe file on your laptop (with the maxiflash externally powered first) and communicate with it?

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    Mehmood
    2017-04-23 10:03:51 (Reply to:nikkoms)
     I am connecting the j2534 to the maxisys tablet via bluetooth and tried it via usb. they gave the same problem.

I will to connect it to the laptop directly and see what will happen.

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    Mehmood
    2017-05-29 16:13:38 (Reply to:nikkoms)
     Hi,
    i tried the vci J2534 with tha laptop and it detected it normally, i even updated it.
    I think my scanner is not working with cars with origin US.
    I asked support but no reply, I just want to know if the problem is with the update or with the hardware before i can take another step.

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    Mehmood
    2017-05-29 16:20:23 (Reply to:Mehmood)
     I updated the J2534 to version 3.21, and some people are getting the no communication issue with the update, i dont know if thats the case for me.
  Total1 Pages