Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > MaxiCheck > Airbag/ABS > 54 plate Peugeot 307cc 2,0 Airbag Light....
54 plate Peugeot 307cc 2,0 Airbag Light. Strange Codes with no description.

5271 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2015-06-02 12:54:32

•   Level 2   
    (17) points
    Adzuki
    2014-07-18 18:54:37

Trying to narrow down the Airbag warning problem with  new MD802. Read Codes returns:

1808 Permanent. (In Red)

A305. (In White)

No other accompanying text so none the wiser. Can't find a reference to these codes anywhere.

Maybe I need to update the software but the site won't accept my username and password.

•   Level 2   
    (17) points
    Adzuki
    2014-07-19 11:05:33 (Reply to:Adzuki)

OK. Managed to update Peugeot software and now I get a different code

P0008 Permanent.

Side module trigger Right.

Doesn't report if open circuit or otherwise.

I suspect this refers to the airbag in the side of the drivers seat so next step is probably seat out and test the airbag loom after checking the underseat connectors for continuity

Some report wire breakage due to folding seat forward to access rear seats.

Still can't find a reference sheet with this code though as there could be another airbag somewhere on the right. 

Please feel free to comment if you have constructive contribution! I'm away for a coupla weeks so this is now on hold.

(I thought P codes were related to the Powertrain)

•   Level 2   
    (17) points
    Adzuki
    2014-07-27 05:34:07 (Reply to:Adzuki)

•   Level 2   
    (17) points
    Adzuki
    2014-07-27 05:37:55 (Reply to:Adzuki)

RESOLVED. As I wasn't clear about what was meant exactly by the 'side module trigger' reference I began to doubt my original suspicion and removed the driver seat and stripped the car to gain access to the side impact sensor inside the door sill.Checked the wiring as far as I could for continuity.(Didn't test through the airbag ECU plug as it has no reference numbers) Also swapped out the other side impact sensor but no change in the MD802 fault code after doing this. So back to original suspicion of seat airbag loom. After some difficulty in stripping the seat back, managed to gain access to the airbag sensor plug and remove from the airbag socket. sure enough after a waggle test of the wires, found that one wire had intermittent continuity. Stripped out the loom to gain access to the bit around where the seat and seat-back hinge, pulled it and sure enough it snapped here at the weak point. A clever bit of soldering and wire bypassing and job done ,so no more MOT scrapper. Result! 

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-06-02 12:54:32

To Support specially who replied this post..................!!

How can you comment GREAT if you really know your job................??

Can I ask you since when OBD2 fault codes refer to body fault code.................if you look at the fault code he has posted and referring it as an Airbag fault code and you did say Great...............in stead of asking him to sand you a log data file so that you can correct the code you are letting him by posting Great......................

P0008 Permanent.Side module trigger Right

Can you please explain since when (P) codes have started to refer to Body System Faults or (Airbag System Faults) if it is true the tool has ready the code like this in Airbag System than this is a Killing point.............Specially for Airbag System.............!
  Total1 Pages