Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Date/Time stamp on logged data

1676 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2014-10-30 01:18:43

•   Level 2   
    (42) points
    herbstjc
    2014-09-10 10:07:29
    I recently purchased an MD802 and everything is working fine.  I am trying to diagnose a problem that only occurs while driving.  When the live data is saved, there is no way to correlate when the data was saved. 

•   Level 4   
    (110) points
    brgd835

2014-09-19 20:36:24 (Reply to:herbstjc)

Hi! When you mean save, are you mentioning of recording the live data while you are diagnosing the vehicle? Also what part does not correlate to the saved data? The date and time?
     If that is what you mean, then only possibility of seeing the date and time is if the tool itself features such feature for time and date, etc.

•   Level 2   
    (42) points
    herbstjc
    2014-09-26 15:29:37 (Reply to:brgd835)
     Yes, the date and time saved with the live data.

•   Level 4   
    (110) points
    brgd835

2014-09-26 16:35:51

I know the DS708 shows the date and time when playback the live data after it has been saved. Usually I have to go to the data manager menu, find the particular file and it should be there with the date and time it was saved only; not when it was first started or it was running; it only shows when it was saved.

I believe it should be similar with your tool but I can be wrong. Contact them via email if you can not get an answer from here. Most of the times, your best bet is to contact them direct and ask for support. I know it might not be the best answer you're looking for but at least you can ask them anything in relation to it and your tool.

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2014-09-27 07:06:04 (Reply to:herbstjc)

I know the issue with my DS708.

At least with the DS I have a creation time of the record IN the file and the "last access" time you can get from the OS.
    BUT, the speed of the recording depends on the ECU you ask and the amount of data you try to read.
    So it can be from 7 records per second to 1 record every two seconds.

The Autel software does not display the date and time information.
    My software does as a hint about the recording speed. I have seen nothing on the device to help you.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2014-10-30 01:18:43 (Reply to:fware)

The length of time for each frame varies per vehicle. Generally, one frame of data is about 1/4 second, or 4 frames per second.
  Total1 Pages