Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
maxisys printing

1975 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2015-10-15 21:36:03

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-10-14 14:16:57
      support it would be a good idea to enable direct printing from maxisys (i can do it with my phone) it cant be that hard to implement.....

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    scott

2015-10-15 19:56:59 (Reply to:busaman)

I agree, if printing can be done from tablets and cell phones it shouldn't be hard to do it on the maxisys 

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-10-15 21:36:03 (Reply to:busaman)

Hi , busaman if your talking about a wireless printer not attached to a PC when you say direct your correct tablet can't go out find wireless printers and connect directly which probably would require tablet to install specific drivers for that printer. I hope your not actually having to USB to a PC that has the maxisys printer installed to print currently if so there's a workaround as I print from the car all the time. I think their issue is and I'm not an Android frequent user the tool won't be able to get those specific drivers from Google. From Autel's standpoint I'll guess that it's hard to keep up with all the printers available to pre-install on tablet. Same issue with older snap-on scanners as they had a list of about 20 printers that would work even with wired connection till they went with XP at least and could download needed drivers. If you want and are tired of walking around with a cord I'll tell you what I'm doing. I've seen other posts where user's got drivers  from third party app sites for their specific printer but I didn't have the need for that just used network.  Basically just used Autel's current solution efficiently. If Autel has a better idea I'm with you on this request. Hey dumb thought for a solution since they currently have their own servers for updates,programming etc. couldn't they make available on their servers printer drivers for a large number of  currently available printers for us to download from them and if legality is a problem since they have software engineers reverse engineer compatible drivers ???
  Total1 Pages