Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
clearing of crash data in SRS

4928 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: 2021-07-23 02:24:56

•   Level 2   
    (35) points
    waelsherif
    2015-12-16 19:18:18
    We need to have a device that can erase SRS crash data, so that we can start the car in some brands.
    hopefully this feature will be available in Maxisys mini and above. 

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-12-17 06:52:53 (Reply to:waelsherif)

May we know which vehicle do you refer to? 

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-12-30 08:51:31 (Reply to:Support02)

I think it does not mean any specific but in general.

This is another important feature in the tool, that I have already inform you, With this tool you, Autel, will have more happy costumers and more sales.

If you need more information about this matter I can give you, please send an email

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-12-30 14:51:10 (Reply to:waelsherif)

Some makes like Ford you need to manually reset a fuel pump cutoff inertia switch, and BMW has a BST (Battery Safety Terminal ) that pops open  a tapered press  fit connection at the B+ terminal to main positive cable.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-01-08 21:32:36 (Reply to:waelsherif)

i don't think autel will ever do that the legal implications are huge...

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-01-08 21:33:32 (Reply to:busaman)

but it would be great if they did..

•   Level 2   
    (45) points
    Pd123

2016-02-11 10:58:24 (Reply to:busaman)

While it may not be possible / legal to remove crash data from a module am I wrong in assuming most body shops recommend and charge for a replacement sensor / module. Therefore if the car goes in especially if it's a repairable write off and/or through insurance, it comes out with a completely clean bill of health? Not being able to clear this data sounds more like a manufacturers way of keeping repairs and parts in house and not aftermarket. It may have some legal ground with disclosure of damage but sensors can engage after non hazardous motor vehicle incidents. Think low speed carpark crash etc. Having said that car import laws can be pretty strict and rightly so, I would hate to import a fancy new car only to find it had been in a crash, cause I would have paid for a new one and got a crashed one if that makes sense. So it's the old, ya can't have it both ways... If it's new its new, if it has crash data then that might indicate chassis being out of alignment, the risk of cracks forming near the affected area and so on.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-02-14 09:44:26 (Reply to:Pd123)

normally in the UK if the crash was that bad it would not be repaired but for spares only but i agree the option could be implemented..

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-02-15 02:38:53 (Reply to:busaman)

I think that the tool should be allowed to reset anything in the module that would prevent the vehicle from starting once the repairs are made to the vehicle but I do not agree with being able to erase the past crash data, and if the module is replaced the replacement crash module should have a R - Replacement designation assigned to it that you can see if you are scanning vehicle at a car auction or a used vehicle inspection.

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2016-02-16 09:14:07 (Reply to:witsend)

I think Autel would put that option, but maybe only in the cars that have the AIRBAG ECU ready to 3 or 5 crash.

This one can be done the reset with OEM tool, so Autel maybe will input, son or later.

The olders ones, maybe not
  Total2 Pages