Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
clearing of crash data in SRS

5365 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: 2021-07-23 02:24:56

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-02-27 15:02:34 (Reply to:witsend)

even the factory tools wont do that but most give you the option to change the vin so you can fit a used one...

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    AndreDe Souza

2021-07-04 07:22:08 (Reply to:Pedro)

I have read all the post regarding the airbag crash data reset, and that we are on the same page
    if you google there many airbag module repairers, Send your old airbag module which had and accident crash data, and they will clean it up and send it back to you as new as it is

Why can't Autel have Crash Data Reset so we can do necessary repair to  Air bag fault and make it back factory setting

If the airbag boys can fix,  why Autel cannot. I do have many car which had crash data and they were repaired if you scan the car it has no codes OR no issues with air bag. How that work boys

I did ask Autel manty time they say Take the car to the Dealer

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2021-07-23 02:24:56 (Reply to:waelsherif)

Don't think erasing the crash event in SRS will start the car for models like Witsend's example of BMW as that becomes a power distribution issue. Recently was able to clear crash code in Volkswagon and not sure which manufacturer I think some can be reset 2-3 times like the old days. There's plenty of companies that do the flash and are reasonable compared to replacement. On the downside you have to get it to them quickly not to hold up the job and sometimes it's a considerable amount of labor needed early on in the job. The manufacturers that lock up the ECU really want you to replace the unit which isn't that big a deal on some like Honda that come ready to install but others like Ford come empty and require programming to work right out of the box. The plus side of having sublet erase unit is all information is ready to go with no programming. Not that concerned about monitoring crashes with ECU as most replacements get done with insurance and it's already documented IE:Carfax. Not sure if all SRS units can erase eeprom  through the OBD connector or require board work. If Autel did it probably be the one's done at the connector using their server which may be a legal issue for them.
  Total2 Pages