Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
program for viewing scan tool output on windows pc

2010 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2016-08-30 14:58:15

•   Level 2   
    (23) points
    Wheel
    2016-08-02 17:37:45
     What about a program fpr your windows pc (xp and newer compatable) whereby data captures, reports, or any other data generated by the tool may be uploaded from the scan tool and be stored or reviewed and studied on the computer, or shared more easily for educational or help seeking purposes? Competing scan tool makers have this and it really enhances the value of the tool. Also, by moving such files to pc storage it would free up space on the tool.
     What do you think?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-08-03 13:32:37 (Reply to:Wheel)

I  think  it would be great , but their MP408 USB scope , and the entire Maxi Sys Scanner Series software still needs further development and BETA testing as things are quickly evolving from  hacking and copying OE software to re writing. Mostly System interface changes and having to make all the software uniquely their own style. I imagine it's been a steep and frustrating  learning curve and made a few real engineers out of former software hackers that once gave us the hack OE software we loved. It's been a tough go with a lot of folk B@tching on the forum. They need to fix the foundation properly and keep the costs down, before moving on and building more things upon that foundation. Did you ever see the picture of  the Trailer Park Condominium with the Red Neck trailers stacked one above another ?  I think if they could just give you the ability to manually select a specific graphing  range and  unit of measurement for a couple data pids graphing in , instead of things constantly auto ranging and being in an unfamiliar unit of measurement , it would be a lofty enough thing to aim for , for now.

•   Level 2   
    (23) points
    Wheel
    2016-08-03 19:36:35 (Reply to:witsend)
     I see you picked up on a couple of my pet peeves with the tool - the need for realistic ranges for the graphs, and the need for the parameters to be in either English or Metric with the ability to choose which for each individual pid OR a choice to read all one way or the other.
    I agree with you to get the tool itself worked out first - but this suggestion when they could do it would sure make their tools more appealing and useful, kinda doing for Autel what Shopstream has done for Snappy. I do like the Autel graph ability to superimpose the graphs - a real handy feature other graphing scanners we know of would be wise to add.

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2016-08-30 14:58:15 (Reply to:Wheel)

As I wrote one for the DS708 I see the benefit of such a software.

OK, the MS906 I have now, produces most in PDF and the only thing which needs work on is the live data stream.
    I did a quick check and the new format is much more complex than the old DS708 data.
    So I decided NOT to put effort in this as I am fine with the features of the MS906 as it is.

As I got NO support from Autel for the 708 software I do not ask for documentation of the MS formats  as I expect to get again nothing.

If Autel decides to publish the data format structure I can have a look into it again. In the time of open source not all must be written by Autel, there are a lot of developers who can do things if the base is described.
  Total1 Pages