Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Automotive Oscilloscope > MaxiScope MP408 > MP408 - won't connect to pc
MP408 - won't connect to pc

1744 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2022-06-21 06:36:37

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    MAL GEE
    2022-05-24 10:31:24
    (SOLVED) see last reply in this thread.

I'm not too impressed with this software, my issue is as follows...

I ran the installer package, my software is V2.10 and the firmware is V2.00, every time i try to connect the device in the program i get a pop up saying the hardware version does not match the software version, and it says i need to run the update from the help menu, when i do that i get the "There are no downloads", i'm about to burn this pos!

what am i doing wrong here, or is this thing faulty? Lappy is Thinkpad X201 running Win 10 pro 32bit.

I'm going to try this on my Dell inspiron just to be sure it's not a compatability issue.

Edit: Didn't work on my dell either, very frustrating!

file:  sw ver error.jpg

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    sebastian blicharz

2022-05-25 16:53:54 (Reply to:MAL GEE)

Have the same problem as well.  Emailed support, I'll report a fix or news when I hear back.

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    MAL GEE
    2022-05-26 11:33:03 (Reply to:sebastian blicharz)
    Just to confirm we both have the exact same issue.....did you do the update first when your initially plugged your scope into computer? and what versions were available for download from autel?

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    MAL GEE
    2022-05-26 23:38:41 (Reply to:sebastian blicharz)
       Ok, so i had a win, it's now working, i did speak with tech support but the MaxiScope tech had already gone home for the day so i decided to revisit the software version.

It seems Amazon have been selling older stock of these MaxiScope MP408's, as mine is early version, and thus why the software cannot update it to a newer version.
    Heres what i did....

I uninstalled the current software completely, rebooted, then i found the below link on another post on here( "Pc not seeing maxiscope and not able to find drivers")
     with a similar problem.

PC SUITE( extract and burn files to disc )

Install that version, and it should work.

Edit:

Things are not always as they seem....

I reinstalled win 10 on my thinkpad, this time i put 64bit version on it, and reinstalled Maxiscope, and..... it didn't see the scope when i tried to connect, wtf!
    So, i thought i'd try what i did the first time which was uninstall the old ver, then install the new version, run it once, and uninstall it, then reboot and install the old ver then wallah! it works.

I'm not sure why it now works after removing the newer version and installing the older version, but i suspect it is a driver issue with EZ-USB, thats the only thing i can put it down too, i'd appreciate if AUTEL SUPPORT could comment on this, very strange behaviour, i've logged the events in windows for further analysis.

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    Shipmike5

2022-05-31 04:46:10 (Reply to:MAL GEE)

Thank you I was having the same issue and it was driving me crazy  the link worked

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    sebastian blicharz

2022-05-31 16:12:28 (Reply to:MAL GEE)

Thanks for that.  Got mine working.   So did they imply there is not way up updating the older maxiscope's firmware?

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    MAL GEE
    2022-06-06 11:22:28 (Reply to:sebastian blicharz)
    I canceled my support ticket, told them I had sorted the issue out.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2022-06-06 17:02:54 (Reply to:MAL GEE)

If Windows doesn't recognize what the device is , don't sweat it. Click Maxi Scope , click yes , After scope software opens,   then connect the device to PC, click file in the upper left corner, select connect device from drop down, then confirm if it shows Maxi Scope. Should be good to go.

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    MAL GEE
    2022-06-21 06:36:37 (Reply to:witsend)
     no, that didn’t work, it’s not that windows wasn’t recognising the device in fact it was driver issue, the device was visible in device manager under “usb devices”. Uninstalling and reinstalling fixed the issue, read up above.
  Total1 Pages