Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > TPMS > TS501 > Need help with my ts501 and ford sensors
Need help with my ts501 and ford sensors

3796 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2016-11-08 03:07:45

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    bg_rocks
    2016-02-03 23:57:41
     Hi all my very first post here I had my ts501 for sometime now and used it with great success on couple Chryslers. But now I need to replace a 2012 Ford Escape sensor. and I am not sure how to do that I read the instruction on the screen and tried it with no success everytime I point the tool at one of the tire it comes up with failed to read the sensor. any tips or guides on how to work on Ford vehicles? Is it possible for my 501 to triger those sensors at all ? 

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    RLAFFECT

2016-02-04 02:20:22 (Reply to:bg_rocks)

did you already install a new sensor.  or just cant read any  of them.
    i think on ford escapes  with 17 inch rims  the sensor  is not at the tire valve  it is  on the other side of the rim  held on with the metal ban.

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    bg_rocks
    2016-02-04 03:01:31 (Reply to:RLAFFECT)
     I don't remember but i think they are 16". I have not installed a new one yet since I wanted to see if i am even capable if registering a new sensor. So the 501 is capable of triggering the ford sensors? Do I have to do anything except selecting the car/model/year and press the trigger button?

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    RLAFFECT

2016-02-04 04:18:52 (Reply to:bg_rocks)

what i am saying  is the sensor  might not be on the tire valve.  the sensor  might be  on the other side of the rim
    did you check  the other side yet for a signal.

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    bg_rocks
    2016-02-04 12:09:18 (Reply to:RLAFFECT)
      I have changed a tire on the same vehicle some time ago and as far as i remember the sensors are attached to a rubber valve. Unfortunately i don't know how to attach link here to show. The instructions says to place the tool 180 degrees from the valve stem which i did but still nothing. I know Ford has a special triger tool but I thought the ts501 should be able to do the same job

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    RLAFFECT

2016-02-04 14:35:49 (Reply to:bg_rocks)

are you putting the escape in the learn mode,  with turning the key off then pressing the brake pedal  a few times  then turning the key back on

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    bg_rocks
    2016-02-05 12:23:21 (Reply to:RLAFFECT)
      Yes at some point i tried that too but still it will sit in learning mode for some time and then it will say failed. Since i cannot active the sensors. Correct me if i am wrong but shouldn't I be able to activate them regardless of learning mode. From what i understand the ford sensors are activated by radio frequency (the oem ford tool) and i know my ts501 activates sensors with 125KHz but i am not sure if that is ford

•   Level 3   
    (59) points
    RalfsAuto

2016-05-18 00:33:26 (Reply to:bg_rocks)

They told me the tool cannot program a virgin sensor and they only support there own MX Sensors.  Relearn procedures should be outlined in the setup pages. thus far I have ran into numerous problems with the 501 not being able to accomplish the task. Just recently I ran into a problem with a 05 Nissan Pathfinder I installed a couple new(used) sensors Read the Id's just fine but then it would not let me program into the vehicle.  That was real embarrassment to me. 2005 Pathfinder and I am unable to program? You got to be kidding!! Even using MX Sensors I would not have been able to write ID's into the Computer.

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim

2016-11-08 03:07:45 (Reply to:bg_rocks)

Ford tpms sensor are  becoming proprietary to the vehicle

We have had issuses programming virgin  and vehicle  not recognizing the sensors or some succsess cloning the originals 2010 down

2014 and up are all 315mhz ford sensor but tagged tps 24 or tp35 and so on,very proprietary 315.24mhz? 315.35mhz?

band sensor cannot be replaced with valve type sensors

no real issues with other vehicles  new, clone  or other wise ,only ford

the tpms tool will still trigger sensor tp24 ect

Total1 Pages