Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > TPMS > TS501 > my autel ts501 will not turn on or charg...
my autel ts501 will not turn on or charge since recent update

9570 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: 2024-03-13 13:34:22

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    daytona

2019-04-30 01:36:44 (Reply to:daytona)

I finally got my TS501 working and would like to share my experience hoping this will help others. The update option say you have (2) ways to update your unit. USB cable or insert the SD card in your computer. Anyone using the USB cable will get corrupt data and your unit will not start up so they ask you to take the SD card out of the unit, run a quick format from your computer and then go PC suite, select the unit you want updated and Bob your uncle.  This works great if you register your unit first where you can find your PASSWORD ID from the setup menu under the ABOUT Icon.  Here is my issue, I have Autel code reader I wanted to update so I register it, started up the PC Suite program hooked up the unit using the USB cable and everything went well after a couple of hours running the update. The unit started great with no issue..

I than disconnect the code reader and connected the TS501 to my computer, PC Suite saw the unit and properly identified it.  (I forgot to register the TS501) gave me a list of updates that was correct, I selected all and it started the update. It took a couple of hours and then it stopped and said not enough memory in the 8Gig SD card.  As soon as I press “N” to back out, some of the Icon were missing and then the LCD scrambled and shut down.  After spending a few hours formatting the SD card a dozen times doing the process again with no result. I try another SD card thinking it could be the card.  At the end, I realize in my profile, I can only see my Autel code reader registered but not the TS501. I than realize PC Suite also loaded added the code reader updates onto the TS501. (I confirm this after looking in each of the file folders in them SD card and saw diagnostics you would find in code reader tool IE SAS, Airbag, Transmission code, oil reset etc)  The big issue now is I cannot access the password because it is kept in the SD card that no longer works.  Autel tech support were very helpful getting me my PASSWORD for my unit after giving them the serial number of my unit.  After I register the unit onto my profile, check my profile to ensure the TS501 is listed and then started the PC Suite, inserted the SD Card in my computer and Bobs your uncle.

Autel is aware there is a problem using the USB cable so they need to update their manual by removing that option and state update done by removing the SD card from unit and connect to the computer. Second, the manual and other literature should state in big bold letters in the update procedure to tell users to register the product first before starting updates and write down the password before starting.  Last item, they need to go in the unit under the update Icon and remove the USB option as well.  Hope my experience will help you.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    raypenny

2019-09-23 15:15:33 (Reply to:daytona)

New unit, worked till I applied the update.  Tried hard reset and reloaded maxitpms package. Like many others dead in the water. 

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    RyanParker

2020-12-03 15:00:21 (Reply to:Sunland)

Thanks this worked for me also. 

•   Level 1   
    (3) points

2021-12-09 23:04:45 (Reply to:dirksville1)

Please email me if you find a fix?
    Thanks
    phillipmjames57@gmail.com

•   Level 1   
    (3) points

2024-03-13 13:34:22 (Reply to:daytona)

Thank you! this worked for me. 
    you are awesome
  Total2 Pages