Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > need lab scope softwar/app
need lab scope softwar/app

11273 Views 30 Replies Latest reply: 2015-10-18 18:28:26

•   Level 3   
    (68) points
    joerman75
    2015-03-12 14:10:09 (Reply to:Autel Support)

thanks support, i'll keep checking back for the pc program.

will the scope app be embedded in the maxisys software at some point or will that remain on the tablet home screen?

was also wondering if you had any idea when the advanced package will be available and if I can by the extra amp clamps and stuff separately since the basic set was all I could find available for purchase?

•   Level 5   
    (236) points
    ifgshooter

2015-03-12 17:07:26 (Reply to:joerman75)

You can make your basic kit an advanced kit by purchasing all the extras you need at www.aeswave.com. Thats where I purchase all my labscope and testing accessories. I don't work for them by the way, but I've been using their products for years. And they sell Autel products as well.

•   Level 2   
    (38) points
    moorediag

2015-03-13 07:21:01

I received my scope on Wednesday after ordering it on Sunday from Refinish.com. It came with a CD that is supposed to contain the PC software and drivers for the maxiscope. Haven't had a chance to install yet. Will do this weekend. :-)

•   Level 2   
    (38) points
    moorediag

2015-03-13 07:21:53

I received my scope on Wednesday after ordering it on Sunday from Refinish.com. It came with a CD that is supposed to contain the PC software and drivers for the maxiscope. Haven't had a chance to install yet. Will do this weekend. :-)

•   Level 2   
    (38) points
    moorediag

2015-03-15 19:31:45

The CD only contained a firmware updater and a copy of the users manual.

•   Level 3   
    (68) points
    joerman75
    2015-03-16 14:22:38 (Reply to:moorediag)
     that's all my cd had on it too. support said they will be releasing the pc software for download in the next few weeks

•   Level 5   
    (236) points
    ifgshooter

2015-03-18 16:28:59 (Reply to:ifgshooter)

I'm betting you could use the MP408 on a Chromebook. Seeing as it's OS is android. You could probably get a used one on the cheap.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-03-19 07:05:53 (Reply to:joerman75)

Only basic kit available at present, and advanced kit is still under development.

•   Level 3   
    (73) points
    MikeP

2015-04-01 08:44:13

I received my MP408 scope yesterday and have been playing around with it. So far I am impressed with the features and the way the scope works. 

Reading the manual, I can only find reference to the PC software (which is not currently available), nothing mentioned about using the MaxiSys app. I was looking for what the top left button does (car with gear). The button is grayed out and does not seem to do anything. Also the help button does not work.

One issue I have noticed is when using the measurement rulers, if your selected probe is x10 or 20:1 attenuator, the measurement ruler windows does not show the correct voltage, it is not accounting for the x10 or x20 probe setting. The voltage on the main scale and measurement is adjusted correctly just not the rulers.

When I was reading the specs a few months back, I thought the timebase range was a misprint "100ns/div to 1000s/div". This is correct, however that makes each division approx 16 minutes and the screen timebase is then 2.6 hours? Not sure when you would use this but slower timebases around 1 sec is handy.

I also ordered 2 Hantek current probes (CC-65 and CC-650) which look the same as the ones in the Autel advanced kit. Both probes are in the probe selection window of the scope app and seems to work well (only tested CC-65 so far). As with issue above, amp measurement ruler is not adjusted correctly either.

I will send these issues to support and see what they say.

Looking forward to PC software as it looks like it has even more features.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    dhur8

2015-04-08 11:16:36

Any word on when pc software will be available.
  Total4 Pages