Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Database question

5852 Views 20 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-07 17:11:03

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-07-06 13:52:23 (Reply to:busaman)
     i was looking again at some of your reply's, if you guys think ist out of order to have a database, then why not lobby support  to have access to all of the databases available while your still in subscription my bet is they wont do it.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-06 14:08:50 (Reply to:busaman)

yes your right, this is what I think autel should do. they should have on the server for download the present and previous software update versions at all times. although I think sharing files is wrong for the previous statements , I think not being able to rollback is worse, with that said no one can blame anyone doing it, my self included, we shouldn't have to be asking anyone for an update if we forgot to backup our unit at one point or another, the previous version should be on the server as well, will also be a good idea to keep ones last update on the server even if our update period expires, we own the last one. now what if our update period expires and our current software is defective, what do we do now beg for software, i don't think so. this is a big issue we are having with this company and we should get together and ask for this feature to be available and this feature must be available before the implement security measurement with our tool software. what do you think, what do you all think about this idea.

•   Level 6   
    (482) points
    Awais

2015-07-06 14:39:39 (Reply to:ede65)

Fellows,

I am agree with this and vote for YES. At least we should be able to download previous version from Autel server if we are the owner of Autel product even our subscription is expired. And as far as I understand that it is a matter of vehicle directories which they can put in zip or rar file format with version numbers and only allowed to the registered product owners. Of course further checks will be there to protect unauthorized access to those files.

As we saw that many fellows are facing problem with new updates while their subscription is expired. I think that it is a sort of customer support and by doing this one's trust will increase on Autel Products.

Thanks.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-07-06 15:12:55 (Reply to:ede65)
     i agree with you 100% but will autel do it!!! i very much doubt it they don't appear to listen.

i will ask autel UK again(i have already asked twice) for this i can only suggest everybody  contacts their individual country/local support.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-06 16:42:39 (Reply to:busaman)

I don't know if they will do it or not , I am surely going to try like hell tough , but if we all get together on this i don't see why not. that is the way the 708 is running  and the way it should be for all the tools i think. it will also serve them well as every time they screw up a software they won't feel so much under pressure to release the next one which is most likely screwed up also, and we just roll back to our previous one and continue to work. they are doing one tool at a time anyway when they release the new updates so its not like all the tools are connected at the same time, they can even schedule different times for the updates. its very doable if they are willing to. we will see.  I know we can keep backups on our computers for when this happens but so can they. I lost all my backups do to a virus and i had to get software from another unit to continue to work. there is no reason for this suffering, we didn't steal our tools, we paid for it with lots of hard work. so with all that said yes this needs to be added as well. if you all don't hear from me in the next few days its probably cuz autel had me shot. but don't worry too much am sure their bullets are defective with no powder in them.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-07-07 00:55:00 (Reply to:ede65)
     i too have lost a couple of versions i would really like back Toyota/Lexus in particular (the version i was using  in Dec last year) i cant remember the version no.

that was before i was aware of the downgrading now i keep backups BUT we shouldn't have to do it this way, also i have the ds708 a great piece of kit when it first came out but they did the same downgrading trick with that,,, i still use it from time to time when i need a pin code or to do immo on a Honda etc etc,,,,,,,,,

i wouldn't worry too much ede65  the real bullets will have been deleted and replaced with blanks.

•   Level 6   
    (413) points
    Dave08902

2015-07-07 09:07:22 (Reply to:busaman)

There bullets are full of bugs and won't hit anything

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-07-07 09:44:55 (Reply to:busaman)

Hey,  I think it would be possible to do , but if Autel has taken some awesome copied OE software features away until Autel engineers figure out a way to  reverse engineer it, change things around and present it in a such a way that is unique enough that Autel can call the software it's own and put it back in  future updates, it is not going to get better or make the earlier versions with the OE software available that may have a  Cease and Desist warning letters or lawsuits like Ford to remove features considered Intellectual Property or other Baffle you with Bullsh@t terms lawyers toss around.
        My guess is The OE's got Autel by the Nuts and it's going to be Tit for Tat. Autel will probably have to provide tablet hardware to run OE hardware on for the dealer side and the OE 's give Autel scraps of watered down software for cash  like Strap On, OCT,and the rest.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-07-07 12:47:46 (Reply to:witsend)
     i had a very long conversation with autel UK  today it seems (or as it was explained to me) it is not possible to use backed up copies of the software on their server to replace newer versions because they change the encryption every 3 months or so because hackers keep breaking the code.... i am not sure this is correct (unless it happens when a system update is performed and it resets the firmware also)  i am pretty sure you can keep and use all your copies but i don't have anything old enough to test it, so if there is anyone out there that's willing to test it feel free but try it on a make you dont use....

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-07-07 12:49:28 (Reply to:busaman)
     but on a brighter note it has been submitted to the engineers for working on it...
  Total3 Pages