Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Unfortunately maxisys stopped working
Unfortunately maxisys stopped working

16020 Views 63 Replies Latest reply: 2015-10-13 22:09:42

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-10-10 03:21:33 (Reply to:tech54)

Hello tech54, as for the WiFi issue, we have sent an App to your email. Could you please help us to collect the log to locate this problem. Thanks for your cooperation.

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54
    2015-10-10 21:58:26 (Reply to:Autel Support)
                     Autel's final answer to this post is do the major update with the new file system and download some app that works with the new updated system to find wi-fi issues. I'm  done with this as no help with what I currently have under warranty unless I update to new system. I guess they don't understand their beta updates sometimes have issues that all users should have a choice to stand pat if they desire with a working scanner and not be forced to update to fix that problem possibly or not. My feeling is they didn't even look at fixing what was current when I started post since their plan all along was to change entire file system shortly thereafter. So much for support I'll make my own decision with what they dealt.Yes, I am following other members feedback about new update for now that's all I can do.

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54
    2015-10-10 22:10:16 (Reply to:tech54)
                Sorry guys forgot to finish up thanks to all who replied as it helps keep things in perspective. Wasted too much time with this and really can't do much about the silly little men at Autel.

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2015-10-11 07:30:11 (Reply to:tech54)

tech 54 sorry you could not get this resolved. I feel your pain man.  It sucks to have a professional tool that wont do what it use to. Fortunately for me I stopped updating before system update 1.29. Lets just say i saw the writing on the wall. I have yet to see any improvements with the newest system update. Look at the newest gm update. added read dtc. added active test. added oil reset. What is this a brand new company? All this stuff should have been in the tool from the start. All I see is you are no longer able to use prev versions. I can run both prev and current versions If they remove things you will be at the mercy of autel with no way back. It seems odd that all these problems started with the last two system updates. Im still running 1.28. Makes me wonder if it was planned this way. My sub runs out oct 24 and as of now I have no plans to update any more. Shame I thought this was an awesome tool when I first got it. Time will tell as for now keep what you have and watch and see. EDE65 saw this coming and jumped ship as should we all.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-10-12 01:56:25 (Reply to:tech54)

Sorry, maybe you misundetood. The apk I sent you is just Android based app to collect the log of this problem - WiFi issue you mentioned. This app doesn't have limitation with our system version. If your device is still running V1.28/V1.29, it can still be installed. Please have a try and collect the log, send it to us, so we can know the problem exactly to provide your prompt solution. Thanks for your cooperation in advance.

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54
    2015-10-12 21:29:39 (Reply to:hondaman219)
                       Stay where you are seems right to me as you'll get more functionality and flexibility. I don't think they understand anything at that company already stated and post was started after version 1.30 created problems now they are talking about some app for versions1.28 or 1.29 to correct wi-fi issue when it's a system update issue. Not impressed with feedback on new system anyhow so I'll just leave the wireless (off) and go back to work. No sense beating a dead horse as the saying goes and this tool is dead to me so I'll just let it lie.

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-10-13 04:18:46 (Reply to:tech54)

I don't know why you don't want us to help you to solve your problem. The app I sent to your email box is just used to collect the log of the system problem so that our engineer can analyze this issue from this log. If you don't want to do it, it is Ok. If anytime you need us assistance, just email us at support@autel.com. Good luck.

For other members, if anyone has the same problem, just contact us by email, and we are always here to help. Thanks.

•   Level 3   
    (80) points
     Support, I have just sent you a detailed email regarding the issues with my unit. Crashed after updating the operating system software and deleted all apart from 8 manufacturers applications. Unit says No Updates available and then 'Maxisys stopped working' pop up box appears. Tried rebooting and turning wi-fi off. 
    I depend solely on this diagnostic equipment for my business and I have a very busy day that requires this tool to be up and running. 
    Your URGENT attention to this matter is requested.

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2015-10-13 10:01:43 (Reply to:Mobile Auto Diagnostics)

Do not take this the wrong way please . If you are in the mobile diagnostic business then you should NOT be relying on this as your sole tool for what your doing. You should be stocking up on OEM tooling at this point. Because even at maxisys best it still falls short in comparision to the factory tooling.  Not to mention the fact now since this is your only tool and it doesnt work now- well - your out of work! I have multiple aftermarket tools along with factory tooling. If one tool lets me down, my day is not over as I have backups. Unfortunately there will NEVER be a single tool that will be a replacement for oem tooling. That doesnt mean that there is not a place for aftermarket scan tools as they do have some nice features but it is just the cold hard reality they can not replace OEM tools.

•   Level 3   
    (80) points
    Mobile Auto Diagnostics

2015-10-13 14:55:19 (Reply to:mitch)

Excuse me BUT why shouldn't I rely on this ? I don't need ( and besides its not worth me to buy every factory scan tool for every make ) other tools, had a Hanatech for 10 years with no problems until they pulled the support otherwise i wouldn't of had to buy another tool. 
    The Maxisys does everything I need to get the job done, I'm old school ........ learnt the hands on approach by getting my hands dirty in a workshop not a classroom wearing a shirt and tie where all the factory information is at your finger tips via a nice clean lap top. The issues it seems we are having is to do with software and updates not being compatible............... fortunately I worked out how to get it working . 

Total7 Pages