Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > aute owners should sue autel for removin...
aute owners should sue autel for removing or downgrading software capacities???

8741 Views 20 Replies Latest reply: 2015-01-08 04:08:39

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2014-11-21 16:58:58
    I don't know about everyone else but I am getting tired of Autel removing or changing software capacities after we purchased from them with the understanding that our units would not have capacities removed.I own a ds708 and maxysis and love them but seems like we are begining to lose certain capacities as Autel releases updates.We spend lots for these products and I do not think its right.Maybe its just me but the Ford software should have never been altered.Next will Ford sue Autologic??it has factory software also and same capacity.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-11-23 12:03:48 (Reply to:912guy)

-

•   Level 4   
    (122) points
    emad

2014-11-23 17:59:10 (Reply to:912guy)

I diffinately agree with you ,it not just ford but even mazda CX9, what a shame to autel.

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2014-11-24 23:49:17
    I am finding myself having to resort to laptop based units again.I didn't want to have to do this often. I just wish that when they decide to downgrade capacities they will inform us so we can decide if the update is helpful or not.As you said ede65 I may just stop updating and sell mine.

•   Level 2   
    (23) points
    wileyone123

2014-11-28 10:39:37

im not aware of exactly what things/functions have been been removed from the software.
    im not disagreeing....jst not aware.

can some of U list specifically what thy are?....so that others(like myself) are aware of what things we 
    would be losing upon updates.

would be great to list what Versions DO or Dont have what functions.

thnx

•   Level 5   
    (222) points
    ls1racer11

2014-11-28 23:29:45 (Reply to:wileyone123)

I think it's horse shit that we all this money on a tool and with every update they say they've added 435 functions to Chrysler and 321 functions to bmw. How about fix all the glitches in the current software. I emailed support about Honda evap test almost a year ago saying that the fuel tank pressure sensor reads 0% throught the test, therefore deeming the test as a failure. I had a Honda today, a year later, and it still has the same problem. I don't care about you adding rolls Royce or Tata, fix the tool so it will function like it should. It's just so God damn irritating that I spend all this time emailing vins and problem decriptions, and do data logging that still says error uploading most of the time, and nothing is done about it. 

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2014-12-09 02:46:34 (Reply to:ls1racer11)
    I agree racer11.I just wish they would be more thorough in testing te software before
    reease and not remove functions against our will after we buy the product. l am scared
    to update at this point. The scanner isg great when it does what it does,but I am
    finding unpredictability in newer releases in software.Also if I buy the American version
    why include weird makes like Tata,and Abarth??I hope they fix these kinks soon.

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    J Gutz

2014-12-10 00:23:50 (Reply to:912guy)

Apparently Autel has also removed  some immobilizer features from honda. Did a 2001 Honda Accord, installed a new OEM lock cylinder that came with 3 new keys, Maxisys had the ability to do an "all keys lost" programming before (which was under immobilizer "replace ECU" I believe) , I know it was there, I had it done many times before updating. Now it can only add keys if you have an already register key in the system, which is almost useless if you change the lock cylinder with a different one, can't turn lock with old key. I had to use a different tool to finish the  job. Can't trust the updates any more, don't wan't to lose useful features.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-12-10 07:34:49 (Reply to:J Gutz)

-

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    J Gutz

2014-12-11 19:39:55 (Reply to:ede65)

Thanks ede65, how do you do a Maxisys back up, is it done with a PC? I have not done one yet.
  Total2 Pages