Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > 4 tech support ford software in need of?
4 tech support ford software in need of?

6705 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: 2017-07-22 22:46:14

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-09-28 09:02:39 (Reply to:saulvg)

My guess is the  tentative August release date is pushed back because in the  last deposition Sock Chucking Furd wasn't satisfied enough with the changes to bring it down to  Hind Tiddy suckling level they expect  aftermarket scanner to be with their products.
      It be great if all the scanner companies and aftermarket auto repair companies pooled resources to counter sue the auto companies that are intentionally coming up with ways to prevent the aftermarket from servicing the vehicles, and try to push to standardize and simplify all the systems between all manufacturers to make it easier for the aftermarket to service all of them. If they don't conform They toss the Lawyers in a muddy rice paddy, then China will Nationalize the factories in China and auto production  ceases for the out sourcing auto makers there for the non conformers until it is done.China could create Government imposed simplicity standards of repair for the out sourcing automakers like Corporate Average Fuel Efficiency (CAFE) standards in USA , In China CAFE is going to mean Chinese Aftermarket Fix Efficiency standards will have to be met before POS outsourcing whore's cars can be produced or sold in China or abroad.

•   Level 3   
    (99) points
    saulvg

2015-09-29 23:28:07 (Reply to:witsend)

You make a lot of sense.  Hope the lawsuit with ford clears up soon and that it ends in autel's favor. In the mean time I while be making back ups before updating and hope that Autel doesn't ever block the maxisys from been able to run old backed up versions of diagnostic software.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    mechjo69

2016-03-18 03:36:53

OK, so we're well into "next year" and the question again is what's up with the PATS key programming on fords ? So far  out of 11 vehicles only two were successful at best being that it took over 3 hours to make one key! So where's the issue and support? This was my main reason for buying this tool for PATS systems and thus far extremely disappointed with it .

•   Level 5   
    (243) points
    FX4

2016-05-06 04:46:51 (Reply to:mechjo69)

What version of Ford do you have? I have version 9 on my DS708 and have done key code erase on 2002s and 2008s. Also have done key adds. All has worked well with mine, and the 02s are in the PCM and 08s are in the ICM. If you are running newer than 9 would you recommend updating?
    Thanks

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-07-22 22:46:14 (Reply to:saulvg)

I just recently bought a new Maxi Sys Pro because I can no longer expect to get a years worth of new update software for my DS708 any longer that Support originally said was going to be supported with updates until 2020 but  that isn't the case . I read that Ford programming was being added to Maxi Sys Pro at the end of 2015 in version 6.0 , but that didn't happen either. Fast forward a couple years My new Maxisys Pro is presently at Ford version 7.11. I have been following the forum and know that  the Ford Programming never got added like it should have been. What about the Ford Power balance function? Has that been fixed yet or is it still inoperative or still requires tethering a USB cable between the VCI and the tablet ? Has the PATS programming reliability been restored or do I have to keep my old DS708 as a backup for what should technically able to do way more ?Kinda weird my tablet front only reads Maxi Sys (no lettering saying Pro )however the VCI for it that is paired to it says MaxiFlash Elite. The page where I view the information with the system information Serial # and register password sees device as Maxi Sys Pro. I'm hoping the MaxiFlash Elite might be more reliable for doing Power Balance on Fords than the MaxiFlash Pro VCI a few years ago
  Total2 Pages