Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > 2013 ford taurus key programming
2013 ford taurus key programming

15354 Views 30 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-09 00:51:20

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-03 12:30:24 (Reply to:kawracerx)

thanks buddy just what i thought,  i was getting worry there for a second, if they added immobilizer with pin code to ford I will have to kidnap a locksmith and put him in the trunk of my car to do my programming since i have no license for such codes. well am retiring in a month so no need to kidnap anyone.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-07-03 13:32:13 (Reply to:kimerm2003)

I don't think it will work if you just try to crank  it with out turning off ignition removing key and removing tool. After theft light  or led starts to slowly pulse put the newly programmed key back in ignition and turn the key on and wait for the theft light or led to go out, then if the key did program it should start. Once you have 2 working keys with you I think you can program a third one without having a scan tool. Never have less than 3 programmed keys for your Ford is a good rule of thumb.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-03 14:44:40 (Reply to:witsend)

yes your right, that part was skipped. the key has to be cycle off before starting/cranking the vehicle  as it is done for every vehicle make, the reason for this is the secret code needs to be transfer from module to module and that only happens after an ignition cycle. the thing is this just about every tool tells you to remove the tool then turn key off and wait the time.but the pdf file i uploaded is correct one must wait the 20 seconds before cycling the key. even ford dealers makes this mistake all the time, I do work for a couple of them and this is the number one mistake they make. also adding additional keys can  be enable and disable from pats in which case it does not allow one to program an additional key unless enable or the key erase program. another big issue out there is with cheap transponder keys being sold everywhere like home depot, walmart etc, I have had more than a dozen calls from locksmith them self going nuts because of a bad key that checked out good with their machine or never checked, but ford doesn't like them, even ford original keys fail sometimes. I do lots of ford and replace many pcm plus the pcm people replace for no reason at all, i always carry my sbb and ck100 or ck200, either of this tool will start a ford with just one key in the event that a used pcm is installed and all you need to do is just add one key cycle key and done, next job. the problem he is having I think  it is not related to procedure but rather a bad software as i have seen it 100 times with autel tools, maybe he trys the procedure 2 or 3 more times and it works as it has been the case. a couple of weeks of week ago i tried the maxisys on a 2009 ford explorer that had the pcm replaced and neither the programming of the keys or parameter reset worked at all on this vehicle, tried every procedure on the book with no results. ford ids did it on the first try. and so would have any of the china clone key tools. that i have.

•   Level 3   
    (66) points
    kimerm2003
    2015-07-03 17:14:10 (Reply to:ede65)
     thank you all  for your replies.  So what I am going to do is turn key on with new key.  Enter pats.  Once I hit program additional key and it says successful, disconnect tool and leave the ignition on for 20 seconds.  After 20 seconds turn key off and wait 20 seconds.  then try and start vehicle?  Is this correct ede65?

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-03 17:23:43 (Reply to:kimerm2003)

yes that is the correct procedure. if no go autel has some explaining to do.

•   Level 3   
    (66) points
    kimerm2003
    2015-07-03 18:12:04 (Reply to:ede65)
     Ok thank you very mcuh ede65 for your help and to the rest of you also with all of your help

•   Level 3   
    (66) points
    kimerm2003
    2015-07-05 14:02:05 (Reply to:ede65)
     Well, looks like autel has some explaining to do.  I went back to customers today.  Turned ignition on with unprogrammed key.  entered pats, hit program additional ignition key.  When it said successful I disconnected tool waited 20 seconds and then cycled key off.  Crossed fingers and when I tried to start the vehicle It would not crank and came up with the old starting system fault of not being recognized key.  tried my ck-100 tool as well and when i hit program new key the ck-100 will not enter pats at all.  The customers key is not a cheap knock off either it is ford direct.  Is there a lock mode or something on these taurus we dont know about that needs reset?

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-05 14:21:56 (Reply to:kimerm2003)

Yes disconnect the battery, both termimals and touch both terminals together for a few
    seconds to clear cappasitors/memory connect battery insert the good key the
    programmed key, make sure the vehicle starts, if it does everything is fine with the
    system, turn key off, insert the unprogrammed key and connect your ck-100, enter pats
    security and add one key. If this does not work there has to be a bad key. This is the
    reason I don't use anything but the original ford ids, I don't trust anything else 100%. I
    have used the ck-100 and 200 and never failed me though. You can read pcm data and
    look at how many keys are actually programmed, there should be 3 if the last one took
    programming. Since you have the ck100 you can delete all keys and proram the 2 you
    have now, if they are both good it will program and start the vehicle. There is no way
    to have 2 bad tool but rather something either wrong with the key or the vehicles
    system.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-05 14:30:02 (Reply to:ede65)

Also you never told me if the adding costumer key option was available from pats in
    your maxisys. You can go back to pats with the maxisys and enable that function if
    available. The techs at the dealers love to disable that function. If is not available from
    your tool but deleting all keys and programming new ones this function will be
    automaticly enable. Good luck buddy hope you get it going man, am running out of
    tips. Oh and I forgot pray a lot,cross your fingers and toes for at least 30 seconds lol.
    Just kidding good luck.

•   Level 3   
    (66) points
    kimerm2003
    2015-07-05 17:05:11 (Reply to:ede65)
     Yes customer adding spare key was enabled.  also the ck-100.  When I try the ck100 it begins entry into pats with the timer.  The timer maxes out at 800 secs and states ecu was disconnected.  when I access pats with Maxisys it does fine.  I'm thinking it's either a problem with the key he bought or my tool. I'm leaning towards his key because the remote is built into his key.  Ford told me that when the key is programmed the remote will work also since it is all one unit.  His remote does not work either which is indicating his key never programmed.  I will update more when I get my new blank in I ordered for him.
  Total4 Pages