(35) points
    geoffachappell

2015-07-07 10:41:19 (Reply to:witsend)

Ya I'm REALLY wanting them to add relative compression also

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-07-08 04:53:41

Next month, we will release new version to fulfill this function.

•   Level 6   
    (707) points
    hefaus
    2015-07-08 21:58:32 (Reply to:Autel Support)
     That would be grea support. i refuse to buy my yearly until most or not all older vehicles are working properly again.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-07-09 16:24:54 (Reply to:hefaus)

My updates on DS 708 expired back in August of 2014 after one year. I still have the factory logos and the last Ford I tried on Power Balance  still worked ok ," knock on wood". I don't see cars too often less than 4 years old wrenching from home anyway , so no pressure to update for me so far.
         I still have to pull the old Snap On  MT2500 out a few times on older OBD II cars and try it where the DS lets me down at times but overall  708 still works good , I now have an auxillary battery power supply , and a spare backup 16GB  card of software in the event the other becomes corrupted. I was able to successfully add a key to an Acura RL last year for someone, I want to try and program and add a keys for customers of  other makes of cars  but reading of  hit or miss success , or lost function with newer update. I definitely be afraid to erase the existing keys and risk the car not starting with any keys if the function did not function .
       I was really thinking of  selling my DS 708 and upgrading to a  faster more modern Maxi Sys platform, but there has been a lot complaints lately about lost  functions on newer  software updates.
        Also on a Maxi Sys unlike a DS 708 if there is a  issue of manufacturer software functions on a new update lost or screwed up, it's  on the internal drive, you can't just power down and swap out latest software with a backup SD card made at an earlier date with  older software versions on it. There are no simple clear cut , fail proof instructions I have seen posted on how to make a working backup of earlier software version or archive older versions of software available to download in the event the latest update is messed up.
      I 'm  waiting till I really need to update my  new car coverage , rather than update it , it may be more cost effective to just sell my existing 708 for $400 or $500 , get another  one for $999 with a super saver coupon at Harbor Freight , make a back up of the SD card as shipped. If the software shipped with is not too dated, just  use the thing as is for 6 months  to a year before I decide to register it and update  the software on it.
  Total2 Pages