Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > new ford,gm,and mazda update
new ford,gm,and mazda update

8372 Views 37 Replies Latest reply: 2015-09-03 05:50:54

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-08-05 20:37:21 (Reply to:kawracerx)

Hello, for the communication problem, please send us the datalog for our analysis. As for the power balance, we will release new version V6.0 to cover more cars, for your reference: http://pro.auteltech.com/autelsupport/Diagnostics/18740.jhtml?logoTypeId=3&typeName=USA%20Cars

•   Level 5   
    (346) points
    kawracerx
    2015-08-05 21:25:47 (Reply to:Autel Support)
      Support, power balance was fine before. I work at Ford dealer so I use it everyday on every make model Ford offers, was there in last version now completely gone.... Only car i seen that showed it was 2012 explorer but said no communication with module even though I'm accessing pcm fine to get to it. No other cars even had the option for power balance,And I can't data log tried last night up until now, says I'm not connected to internet but let's me update the scanner so it is connected, doesn't make sense.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-08-06 03:01:27 (Reply to:kawracerx)

Do you remember the previous version No.? What's the current version you are using?

•   Level 5   
    (346) points
    kawracerx
    2015-08-06 07:01:02 (Reply to:Autel Support)
    Version 5.0 had it and updated to 5.11 and now no power balance.data logs sent this
    morning finally

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2015-08-06 16:59:33 (Reply to:kawracerx)

hey kawracerx were you able to reinstall prev version of ford? Are all old previous versions able to install?

•   Level 5   
    (346) points
    kawracerx
    2015-08-06 18:02:09 (Reply to:hondaman219)
      No I wasn't able to, think I'm doing something wrong... I copied Ford version 5.0 from scan/download to my computer. Tried uploading it after I deleted deleted Ford app but nothing shows and no Ford app on diag screen. Hopefully someone can come in and hopefully I just doing it wrong. Only change I seen out of about 20 cars now is power balance feature on 99% cars don't work and I cannot figure out the evap test for the life of me, always says fails but grab ids and passes. Tried twice today and yesterday with cart I replaced rooted out filler neck on and the evap test doesn't tell you when to start car etc... Like it's missing programming to complete test.

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2015-08-06 18:43:53 (Reply to:kawracerx)

Ok scan/download is just pictures of the new logos. scan/vehicles has the folders for the cars. look in domestic to find old version of ford then just copy it to maxis scan/vehicles/ domestic folder. If you open the file you will see all files and etc for the program. multicar manufacturers use one program and the rest use a link program ie toyota & lexus(just a link program)If you copied the entire scan folder then you should have what you need. Good luck and thanks for the info about new ford version 

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2015-08-06 18:57:08 (Reply to:hondaman219)

oops my bad ford is in scan/vehicles/usa not domestic sorry. Just open the folders and look at the cars. you will know them when you see them

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-08-07 04:39:06 (Reply to:kawracerx)

Thanks for your datalog, after checking, it is the communication problem between your car and tablet. Did you use Bluetooth to connect vehicle with VCI? It is suggested you using USB cable to have a try to check whether it works or not.

And also what's your VCI version? Please upgrade your VCI to the latest version.

•   Level 5   
    (346) points
    kawracerx
    2015-08-07 08:29:53 (Reply to:Autel Support)
      Vci updated to latest version, last Ford version didn't have to use usb cord, worked off Bluetooth... And if it's because not using usb cord how do you explain the option for power balance no where to found?
  Total4 Pages