Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > key programming Astra G 1999
key programming Astra G 1999

3796 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: 2015-11-30 20:47:51

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix
    2015-11-15 13:07:19
      Made a new key and tried to program it to the car. Do have the security code and could login to get access to the  'new transponder' option.

MaxiSys shows menu and after 'program' option says programming successfull. Shows the new transponder (nr. 3 in the list) as 'programmed' and as a valid key. However, the status is 'new transponder' and the immo won't disable because of it. So now it sees the key, but will not start ofcourse.

Could not change this by doing programming again and finally took another chip and OpCom which programmed the transponder correctly to the car, now as key 4 that is. Anyone an idea what is going wrong here and what that status means? OpCom noticed same status but gives no option to delete just that key or reprogram it except for deleting all keys and programming all of them again.

Ofcourse I have send a log as well to Autel but might be someone here know even better then they do...

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-11-15 14:37:26 (Reply to:Matronix)

Hi

I have seen this happening many time on old Vauxhalls and the reason this happens is it could be the slot #3 position in your immobiliser box is faulty............All you had to do is to re-program the same key again and that would have moved to slot #4 position which you did it using the Op-Com and it worked................

Now if you want to make sure that the fault was with the Maxisys or, not .............You can re-program the same key again using Op-Com and it will move to slot #5 position and you keep re-programming it till its programmed to slot #3 position and see if the car will start or, not and if it starts in slot #3 position than you can prove that the maxisys could not program the key......................

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-11-15 15:24:47 (Reply to:Matronix)

i have seen this before do you have the first six numbers from the VIN.

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix
    2015-11-16 13:04:43
     Both of you thanx

@busaman, first six nrs are W0L0TG

@ashraf, I tried to reprogram several times but the key does not move up, it sees it as a used key already and stays on number 3. After putting a new transponder chip in the new key, it programmed it as key4 with OpCom so I could not see or the original fault was with MaxiSys for 100%. I do have more chips however so I can try to program a new key (key5) using MaxiSys to see if this time it will pass. You might be right on this but I never noticed it before .

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-11-16 15:07:45 (Reply to:Matronix)

Please try it and give us the feed back also if possible record the data log file while you doing this task so support team can check if there is any problems with the software..............

By the way can I ask you what Software Version are you using for Opel/Vauxhall.....?

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix
    2015-11-21 13:58:12 (Reply to:Ashraf)
     I will try , too busy last week, have v.3.22 Opel software.

Ow and I do send datalogs of every problem to Autel, unfortunately most of the time receiving a 'will fix in next update' (good news), 'car cannot support this' (which I know it can or I would not even send datalog) or 'we do not understand, please make new datalog' (but car gone by that time and looking back at the datalog it is quite clear what is meant)

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix
    2015-11-22 15:15:11 (Reply to:Ashraf)
        Ok redid the programming with a new fresh transponder key and same thing again.

Now I have 5 keys 5 programmed, of which 2 I cannot use. Can not try more or all slots will be locked up by keys that I cannot use. This is not good, Autel has the datalog so I hope they will fix this. Customer won't notice, they have an extra working key which I pogrammed with OpCom but this cannot be the way we need to work

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-11-24 21:35:09 (Reply to:Matronix)

can you erase all keys and start again..

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-11-25 07:20:45

Our engineer needs to re-analyze this function. There is something wrong with the key programming. We will try our best to finish it next month.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-11-25 07:30:37 (Reply to:Support02)

ahhh well that explains it for you yet another untested piece of software that does not work,........ So support does that mean you are going to upgrade my expired subscription and repair all  the faults that are currently in the new system for me or will i simply have to live with YOUR mistakes.!!!!

its a good job i don't rely on my maxisys i would be in trouble.........
  Total2 Pages