Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > 2014 Escape Key Programming?
2014 Escape Key Programming?

4479 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: 2016-02-25 19:07:33

•   Level 3   
    (66) points
    kimerm2003
    2016-02-13 23:26:32
    Hi, Recently had a customers 2014 escape in my shop, and they wanted an extra key.  Hooked up maxisys hit automatic selection.  It detected 2014 escape with all features.  Went into menu and clicked on pats security function and it stated "MODE NOT SUPPORTED".  I contacted ford and they stated the PATS system in an escape is a timed delay just like any other pats?   Am i doing something wrong?  AUTEL what is wrong here?  Anyone help?

Thanks 

•   Level 3   
    (56) points
    pistonpin

2016-02-14 17:04:41 (Reply to:kimerm2003)

Did you select body first, then security, then Pats? Is it push-button start or keyed ignition? What Ford software version are you using?
    I just tested my 2014 1.6 SE Escape w/keyless entry and remote key, keyed ignition. "Mode not supported" displayed for me too, version 6.02 Ford software latest edition. I was disappointed too! I checked the software pdf and the function is not listed as supported either. Doesn't seem to matter which engine or whether keyed ignition or push to start with fob. Not supported. If the model has keyed ignition you can on-board program a third key if you have 2 already programmed keys. We should be able to do this. I have other tools that will do the job, just not this one.

•   Level 3   
    (66) points
    kimerm2003
    2016-02-15 03:09:59 (Reply to:pistonpin)
     Same exact ignition as you described and same problem.  I have a few other tools as well and they wouldn't program it either?  I am stumped.
    What other tool do you have that can complete this job as I may look for a future tool besides this Autel.  Lately o am finding out this tool is becoming more useless as time goes by

•   Level 5   
    (256) points
    Phase 4 autokey

2016-02-15 22:43:50 (Reply to:kimerm2003)

Hi Support, are you looking for a solution for this? Thank you.....

•   Level 3   
    (56) points
    pistonpin

2016-02-15 23:26:25 (Reply to:kimerm2003)

For key programming specifically I have an Advanced Diagnostics MVP Pro. I have this because I am also an automotive locksmith and have the necessary tools and equipment to cut the keys also. The newest models of Ford can be done with this tool also, but require a NASTF security professional ID and login. The MVP Pro is also a token based system, so costs "per use" when programming keys and some remote fobs, such as for the 2014 Escape prox remote. I do believe this can also be done using the MS908 Pro interface module and a PC with Ford website access. Still going to cost something in the end. The 908 without PC access will not do this either. Autel software does not support this function. Yes, I agree it should.
    Also the MVP unit can program remotes and fobs, but will not help at all with system diagnostics or repairs. For instance, you cant use it to scan ABS, Airbag, PCM and think it will help. Its function is to program remotes and keys period.

•   Level 3   
    (66) points
    kimerm2003
    2016-02-15 23:30:46 (Reply to:pistonpin)
     Hi piston pin, I am also a automotive key professional as well and use The advanced diagnostics machine as well. Your right everything does cost in the end!  I ended up using my ford software to do the job.  Was hoping to be able to use this tool to save the customer some money but it is what it is I guess. I am hoping Autel revamps this tool soon.  I got mine when they first came out and let me tell you the software was way better before all of the updates!  Let's hope they turn around soon!

•   Level 5   
    (256) points
    Phase 4 autokey

2016-02-15 23:46:47

Our scanners save tokens, hopefully they will find a solution.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    jabroni

2016-02-16 02:25:21 (Reply to:kimerm2003)

hi if you have the 2534 you can subscribe to motorcraftsevice.com for short term and do it that way or if you have two valid keys cycle two valid keys then the third unprogrammed one and it will then be programmed

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-02-19 03:29:43

2014 Escape Key Programming hasn't been supported yet, it will be available in Q3 of 2016.

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2016-02-19 05:58:06 (Reply to:kimerm2003)

I may be wrong but after 2013 PATS not supported with OEM subscription and FMP software for J-box. You should be able to program additional if you already have two programmed but check SI information I didn't see it myself for 2015 Escape just did the old method listed of put programmed key in take out within 10 seconds,within 10 seconds but second programmed key then repeated for the additional key and it worked. I'm not sure if their still using the time delay now but the keys I only buy from the dealer as a 2014 transit worked even without that manual method. Would be nice if someone with a security professional could advise  as it seems to be missing now from SI information.
  Total2 Pages