Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > MAXIDAS DS708 (IS GARBAGE)
MAXIDAS DS708 (IS GARBAGE)

5393 Views 16 Replies Latest reply: 2016-11-07 19:44:07

•   Level 2   
    (39) points
    shane
    2016-09-02 04:31:29
       IF YOU BOUGHT THIS PRODUCT AND ARE TRYING TO USE ON A W220 MERCEDES (RETURN IT BEFORE IT IS TWO LATE! THIS EQUIPMENT DOES NOT SUPPORT THE MERCEDES THE SAME AS THE STAR SYSTEM, THE WAY THEY CLAIM IT DOES. I HAVE BEEN MESSING WITH THIS SCANNER FOR 10 MONTHS.  AND 100S OF VERY FRUSTRATING HOURS SCREWING WITH THE (AIRMATIC) SYSTEM AND THROWING MONEY AT THE CAR THAT WAS NOT NEEDED.  I AM GOING TO POST A (YOUTUBE) VIDEO OF ME SMASHING IT TO PIECES (JUST TO GET MY POINT ACROSS AND HOPE IT WILL KEEP EVEN ONE PERSON FROM MAKING THE SAME MISTAKE A MADE!!!!
    PLUS THE (HUGE FACT THAT WHEN I SPENT $1000 FOR THIS MACHINE IN NOVEMBER OF 2015.
    IT DID NOT SAY ANYWHERE AT ALL THAT YOU HAD TO SPEND AN ADDITIONAL $500 A YEAR FOR UPDATES OR SUPPORT!!! 
    THEN I GET THE EQUIPMENT AND IT HAS TO BE REGISTERED WITH A (WINDOWS) BASED PC AND TO USE THE EXPANDED OPTIONS OF THE EQUIPMENT. I HAVE NEVER OWNED A WINDOWS PC IN MY LIFE! HAD TO BORROW ONE FROM A NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR  AND TOOK ALMOST THREE HOURS TO JUST GET IT REGISTERED AND OPERABLE. THE MORON FROM THERE TEC SUPPORT FAILED TO MENTION I HAD TO REMOVE THE CARD FROM THE SCANNER AND PUT IT INTO THE SIM CARD SLOT ON THE PC! TWO HOURS LATER I ACTUALLY NOTICED THE ISSUE AND HAD TO ASK HIM (HOW IS THIS INFO GETTING TRANSFERRED AND UPDATED INTO THE SCANNER? THE GUY IS (OH YOU NEED TO TAKE THE SIM CARD OUT OF THE SCANNER AND PUT IT IN YOUR PC!!!!!
    FROM THE DAY I RECEIVED THIS (AUTEL DS708) I SHOULD HAVE JUST RETURNED IT AS I WAS SUSPICIOUS OF THE MACHINE AND ITS ADVERTISED CAPABILITIES DID NOT SEEM TO BE WHAT THEY ARE CLAIMING!
    THIS MACHINE WILL NOT EVEN PERFORM THE (MODE 6) IN THE OBDII MENU. MENU WILL SHOW ON THE SCREEN BUT NOBODY IS HOME. CANT SELECT ANYTHING IN THE ENTIRE MENU, AND THE REST OF THE OBDII TESTS (EXCEPT READINESS STATUS) SAY'S THEY ARE NOT SUPPORTED. HELLO AUTEL THAT IS NOT WHAT YOU ARE ADVERTISING. FOR EVERYTHING I AM GETTING OUT OF THIS PIECE OF EQUIPMENT I COULD HAVE JUST BOUGHT A $100 SCAN TOOL:(
    AFTER MONTHS OF RESEARCH I FINALLY CONTACT THE CA STATE SMOG ORG. THEY SAID THERE IS A NOTICE THAT THE 2001 MERCEDES W220 WILL NOT SMOG DUE TO OBDII (INCOMPATIBILITY) WITH CERTIN SNAP-ON EQUIPMENT AND TO INSTRUCT CUSTOMER TO GO TO A DIFFRENT SMOG STATION WITH THE PROPER EQUIPMENT. SO NEEDLESS TO SAY I HAVE FOUND ALL THIS OUT (WAY TO LATE FOR ME TO RETURN THIS DEVICE)! 

AUTEL HAS REALLY REALLY PISSED ME OFF AND IM GOING TO SPREAD THE WORD TO EVERY FORUM, BLOG, DISCUSSION GROUP TO NEVER BUY THERE PRODUCTS!!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!
    I POSTED THIS INTO OTHER GROUPS BECAUSE I REALLY WANT ANYONE THAT DOES SPEND THIS KIND OF MONEY ON A PIECE OF SCANNING EQUIPMENT (THEY BETTER MAKE SURE IT WORKS AS CLAIMED, AND SUPPORTS THE THE CARS YOU NEED IT TO BEFORE YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK!  I AM SURE AUTEL IS NOT GOING TO LIKE THIS POST, BUT IT IS THE TRUTH AND I AM ENTITLED TO MY COMMENT AFTER SPENDING $1000 FOR A (PAPER WEIGHT) 

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-09-02 07:22:49 (Reply to:shane)

i bought a very early one and didnt update it it works much better than the new ones they have legally been hacked to pieces and are like you say shit...

•   Level 2   
    (39) points
    shane
    2016-09-02 15:35:09 (Reply to:busaman)
     I was up all night resurching, autel, the lawsuits from everyone, printed all the lawsuits up and any other complaints i have been able to find.
    i have a good friend thats a partner in a law firm in san francisco. Had a discussion with him about the legality of what (Autel has been doing to its customer and removing applications from there equipment that they bought can and should get them sued. EVEN IF THEY ARE BEING SUED BY FORD OR GM ECT, ECT. TO REMOVE THERE INFORMATON.  WE AS CUSTOMERS who bought a scanner and they rmoved
    (anything without permishion) and left us with less then what was bought) Should either sue them in small claims for what they payed, or in a civil lawsuit for the cost plus damages and lawyers fees, or a class action suit (but you get hardly no money back in a class action) lawyers get most of it. 
    Please anyone that reads this post Please take a moment to post if you have had these issues with autel of this nature. i would seriously like to take Autel to the mat and have everyone get there money back for what has been going on! Im sure they have made MILLIONS AND MILLION OFF THIS PRODUCT. IF THEY START SHELLING OUT MONEY FOR A COUPLE THOUSAND LAWSUITS, IT WOULD BE CHEAPER AND QUIETER IN THE LONG RUN. INSTEAD OF ALL THE BAD PRESS AND CUSTOMERS IN THE AUTO INDUSTRY THAT WILL NEVER SUPPORT THEM AGAIN!

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-09-02 18:22:25 (Reply to:shane)

they have been doing it for years it started by deleting older cars from the ds708 (it only had a 4gb sd card) to make space then the law suits came and they hacked the 708 and the 908 to ribbons

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    RLAFFECT

2016-09-02 22:51:26 (Reply to:shane)

i wonder  how much  longer  autel  will even be in business.   i believe  most everyone in the auto repair industry  knows  what  the deal is with autel  scan tools by now.

•   Level 3   
    (91) points
    tambo

2016-09-02 23:42:44 (Reply to:shane)

Hi Shane unfortunatly they have your and everyone else's money and
    they just stick the middle finger up to us.
    They are not interested at all.
    Good luck to you.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-09-03 16:40:08 (Reply to:tambo)

il go along with that it wouldnt supprise me if they are not in bed with oem tool makers already...

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-09-05 10:04:54

For your issue, we have replied you via Live Chat and Email. We asked for datalog and pictures for analysis, but you don't provide it, so our engineer took almost one day to check this case, specially for you. But we still need some information confirmed with you so we can locate the problem exactly. You can check it from email.

We have mentioned this to you for several times, if it is our software issue, we will release a beta version soon to solve your problem.

•   Level 2   
    (21) points
    diagnost

2016-09-05 10:54:46

Not true that DS-708 does not work with W-220.I worked several times with these cars in 2002, he saw all the blocks,V-10.10

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-09-06 06:39:37 (Reply to:diagnost)

is yours fully up to date more than likely an upgrade deleted it as its an older car i dont know why autel do this but the seem to think once a car is 10yrs old its scrap...so delete it
  Total2 Pages