Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > MAXIDAS DS708 (IS GARBAGE)
MAXIDAS DS708 (IS GARBAGE)

5422 Views 16 Replies Latest reply: 2016-11-07 19:44:07

•   Level 2   
    (39) points
    shane
    2016-09-06 21:25:05 (Reply to:busaman)
     that is a very good point! there is no reason to remove any software once it is loaded! people only need to know they need a bigger data card.
    not the little 5 gig card that came with it, as you probably all ready know if you max out that card then i have been told you are really screwed! and the data will get all corrupted.  they want me to send them a data log and trying to turn this around on me, but after reading everyone saying (not) to upgrade i am afraid to even let them into my machine. i have contacted them a letter requesting mediation or face a lawsuit. i would love to see everyone start sharing there information and banding together on this. They will have no choice to address the matter or get sued. I would be happy with a new machine that actually is getting proper updates. i cant believe there are autel retailers still selling these with such high praise and you you get updates to! 
    i really think if enough people really went after them they would have to do something.
    i bought it in november 2015 and have not done any updates because of ever one saying not to:(
    my car is a 2001 w220 s430, there really should not be any updates for a car 14 years old?

•   Level 2   
    (39) points
    shane
    2016-09-06 21:35:20 (Reply to:diagnost)
     thanks for your input.
    there are other funtions that seem to work and have had no problems
    the resetting of the suspension hight, all the on board diagnostic stuff, for the body, engine, everything seems to work but a portion of the airmatic system. it will release the pressure to check the releases valve, it will release the pressures to test the airmatic pump (says it is performing the test but pump, never turns on. had to take it it a shop and it worked on a snapon scanner so, there is some code missing from my tool. do you have any other thoughts on this? im really afraid to send them a data log and mess with this machine!

•   Level 2   
    (39) points
    shane
    2016-09-06 22:00:37 (Reply to:Support02)
     i have seen your reply to data log the problem and send it to you, the problem i have now is all over the forums and internet are telling me to
    (HAVE NOT  updateed  this tool since early 20016 as i had loaded the current software in december of 2015 ,as autel has been removing more then they are updating. Im working on a lawsuit over this right now and i plan on once and for all finding out what is really happening with updates and my DS708 ,why is autel removing older cars without are consent.  As well as the $500 updates that seems to also removing more then they are providing. i can only assume this is due to other litigation/lawsuits your involved in, but that does not give you a legal right to remove anything from these tools once we payed for them.
    i am planning on backing up my equipment first, then i will do your update (as i will need proof to back up my claims about what exactly is in these updates. Then the next issue will be what operations and functions did( i lose) after i updated the machine.
    This DS708 WILL DO EVERYTHING ELSE ON THIS CAR AND HIGHER FUNCTIONS, SO IT IS TALKING TO THE COMPUTER JUST FINE, IT IS ONLY THAT ONE TEST OF THE AIRMATIC COMPRESSOR IT WILL NOT PERFORM. IT WILL PERFORM THE TEST FOR THE PRESSURE RELEASE VALVE JUST FINE. (SAYS IT IS TURNING ON THE COMPRESSOR FOR 40 SEC MAX, COMPRESSOR NEVER TURNS ON. IT SHOW IT PERFORMING THE TEST FOR 40 SECONDS AND THEN SAYS TEST FAILED.  I HAVE CHECK THIS WITH A SNAPON TESTER AND IT WORKS SO I KNOW IT IS NOT AN ISSUE WITH THE CAR. 

•   Level 3   
    (64) points
    tjwolverine

2016-09-25 23:27:50

I want to fill a lawsuit

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    jmorgan26

2016-11-06 13:07:38

The right to repair act will change a lot of this once it's in full effect.  But the things people are complaining about happen even on factory tools.  How do I know this?  I work for a luxury brands helpline.  And from what I can say the diagnostics support is terrible.  I own a 10 year old vehicle of the brand I work for and have brought home 2 different scan tools, one 8 years old and one that is 1 week old fully updated.  Neither talk to the vehicle anymore.  And no one that has the job of diagnostic tool support at work gives half a crap.  It's just the way it is.  Best thing to do is get a hacked version of a manufacturers tool, get it working for what you work on mostly and never update it.  

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-11-07 04:56:19 (Reply to:shane)

Before your update period is over, the least you should do is back up your present  SD card to a folder on your PC , then buy a new blank 16GB SD card and put the new SD card into the SD card holder, Format the new card FAT32 and copy and paste the contents of the saved folder onto the New SD Card and see if it works in the DS 708. Put the new larger SD card back in the card holder and open the Software suite and update all the car makes before your update period is expired. You can always go back to the older SD card to try if something doesn't work right on the newer software version. Also make a back up of the newer SD card with the newer updates. The DS708 is less tricky to back up the old software and run older software versions successfully than the Maxi Sys platforms.

•   Level 3   
    (70) points
    kristian

2016-11-07 19:44:07

Hi I have the ds 708 and bar some bits missing ie some ford airbags and some merc abs pumps.Has been a good tool for the money had it about a year and have just bought the 908 maxisys because was impressed with autel tools for the price.
  Total2 Pages