Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > New Key programming for 2016 Mustang
New Key programming for 2016 Mustang

4932 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: 2017-06-27 03:17:28

•   Level 3   
    (56) points

2017-06-26 00:19:50 (Reply to:)
     Spike, it would be this one? (bottom one)
    https://www.motorcraftservice.com/product/reprogramminginit

•   Level 3   
    (56) points

2017-06-26 20:13:54
     Spike, I downloaded the software and activated it.  $49 for 2 days. However its asking me for a NASTF login. I have an account there and that isnt good enough, it needs actual credentials. Looks like I have to go that whole route which means I just wasted $49 :(

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-06-27 03:17:28 (Reply to:)

you picked the wrong one. https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Purchase/ViewProduct?productID=1177  module reprogram and initialization option  $32.95 for 3 days, pats included. how ever, like I explained on another post, there are 2 different types of pats, time pats which does not require a locksmith license with a 10 minute wait ,and coded pats, which requires a locksmith license or nastf . that other sub for 2 days and 49 dollars is a new option that just came out and I have never used it, didn't even know it existed until just now. the only time I have ever used the locksmith id and password has been for parameter reset and never for adding/programming keys but this is a 2016 model vehicle which I have never worked on before. there is a list on the ford site that explains which vehicle model year uses time pats and coded pats. I have spent thousands and thousands on top of more thousands to be where am at today, believe me 49 dollars is not going to kill you, besides you learned something in the process I think.  up to 2013 most vehicles if not all have time pats, 10 minutes wait and requires no locksmith license. from 2014 and up all hells broke lose and they started this crap. I have only had ford fusions, focus, and  transits so far but I know there are many others out there and more to come. I already checked a 905 and 908p and neither one has pats on this vehicle past 2015 so its safe to say 2014 was the last year for time pats on mustangs. if you manual  check the explorer and expedition they do have pats still on 2016. its hard to keep up man, I work on most brands back and forth and things changes here everyday. anyway good luck with the next one.
  Total2 Pages