Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Why won’t my maxisys calibrate Cummins V...
Why won’t my maxisys calibrate Cummins VGT controller

1386 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2023-04-19 02:28:55

•   Level 1   
    (5) points

2022-02-17 00:07:17
     Replaced the VGT controller on 6.7l Cummins and while the scanner has the option to calibrate the new unit but fails every time we try to perform the function 

•   Level 1   
    (8) points

2022-03-02 21:46:54

I'm having the same issue. Does anyone have an answer for this. 

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    Samir Bedair

2023-04-04 13:11:30

Same issue here on 2 different Rams. First was a 07-12 model and the most recent was a 2013-2018 model. The function keeps failing on the initial setup of the VGT relearn process. The error I've gotten both times is something along the lines of "conditions not met." 

Unfortunately, it doesn't detail what these conditions are that need to be met. We ended up connecting directly to the turbo actuator and calibrating it with a laptop with no issues...

The only reason we purchased this Autel was for the Dodge Rams but apparently it's a waste. We don't do VGT calibrations directly on the vehicles very often so tech support will not be able to "help" unless we're actually connected to a truck at the time that we call in to tech support. I'm not sure what's going on here but we may have to sell this unit and try a Snapon or similar diagnostic tool instead for this purpose.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    Don Morris

2023-04-19 02:28:55

Does anyone have any insight on this issue?  I also bought this scan tool to perform VGT alignment functions on a 2014 Dodge Ram, and I am having the same issues as mentioned above.  "Conditions not Met" and Pre-Alignment failure with no other info?  I don't know if its a software issue or procedural? 
  Total1 Pages