Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Chrysler FOBIK programming failed
Chrysler FOBIK programming failed

6705 Views 17 Replies Latest reply: 2016-08-10 03:23:32

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    Ridesunlimited

2015-04-16 13:28:05 (Reply to:Ridesunlimited)

bump

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    nmpeter

2016-05-08 19:06:21 (Reply to:Ridesunlimited)

same bumbing issue.

Trying to make a key for a 2008 Jeep GC and the PIN is reported as incorrect. Confirmed the pin from two dealers, but I suspect when fobik recall P57 was performed the tech misentered the PIN # for the immobiliser/skeem or whatever we want to call the ignition switch.

Before I go to war with the jeep dealer for a bumbling tech, who else can't make a key with what you think is a good PIN #.

Starting to look like a software problem.

I've written support about it. One of the reaqsons I bought the Maxidas was to avoid having a torturous trip to the jeep dealer and have my wallet lightened for about half the cost of my Maxidas for the privilege of having more then two keys for my GC.

Oh yeah..cannot reset the oil change nag..sure looking like a few bugs that should be easy to squash.

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-05-09 09:09:30 (Reply to:nmpeter)

Hello Sir, I checked your product is DS708. What's the VIN No. of this car? It is better you can send us the datalog for our analysis:

For more details about how to send us the datalog, please refer to Page 54-56 of User Guide.

http://www.auteltech.com/u/cms/www/201409/04064235azk8.pdf

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    nmpeter

2016-08-01 22:49:29 (Reply to:Support02)

So in the end game the problem WAS FIXED with the most recent Chrysler update, but I blew almost two months of my software update period waiting for autel to fix a problem the KNEW was present and I was simply told " sorry, things are not perfect" and my request to extend my software update period for two months was refused.

In my analysis this was happening to vehicles that had the user programmable mode removed during a fobik recall( cars after 2010 mid year did not have this feature and would also fail).

I was within days of forcing harbor freight to refund me for this issue, but as I mentioned, the very latest round of updates solved the problem.

Support was responsive however, so I really blame the developers and the qa people for not testing this system properly ( and don't even try to tell me that you didn't plug the das into a later model Chrysler car).

After soothing an angry customers feathers with a noi charge programming job ( yup it worked this time), I'm now ready to start making some money with the maxidas, since I don't really need a key cutter for jeep products.

Just a mention, I did find a product that could reset the firmware on Fobik keys so it could be recoded, but it's over 2k. Guess it would be good for a guy that had a large drawer full of old fobiks.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-08-02 15:38:17 (Reply to:nmpeter)

Wow, Thanks nmpeter for closing out a thread  and confirming something that was once broken with Chrysler software finally got restored on Maxidas after a few years. Almost good enough news to make Edgy65 roll over in his grave and  yell Hellafallujah!

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2016-08-05 03:33:53 (Reply to:witsend)

I hope your not referring to ede65,  I don't know who edgy65 is  but I assure you if your referring to the same person you will go to your grave first. and you will be yelling a lot more than hellafallujah what ever the hell that means . hope I am wrong  and edgy65 is someone else.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-08-07 18:06:53 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

God rest Edgy 65's forum soul ! Maybe  his forum soul could  live on  in Spikeoo7 ? Hmmmmmmmm , maybe .....?

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2016-08-10 03:23:32 (Reply to:witsend)

buddy I will appreciate if you don't use grave and soul in the same sentence even if you are referring to a forum. I am not going to do the same thing my father did as far as dedicating so much time to this hobby, don't have the time nor desire. my father is in a very dangerous place at  this time and it really freaks me out hearing those words even if they are not meant in a harmful way. thanks.
  Total2 Pages