Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > J2534 > MaxiFlash Pro > J2534 device still not validated?
J2534 device still not validated?

8856 Views 23 Replies Latest reply: 2016-09-07 18:55:23

•   Level 4   
    (110) points
    Keytrader

2014-12-08 07:07:40 (Reply to:ede65)

What functions been deleted?

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-12-08 22:25:34 (Reply to:Keytrader)

-

•   Level 3   
    (59) points
    salehfarah

2014-12-09 07:11:01

actually we have been screwed up what can we do all togther for compensation

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-12-10 07:19:26 (Reply to:salehfarah)

-

•   Level 2   
    (48) points
    big bri 123

2014-12-11 14:03:34 (Reply to:ede65)

Believe it or not the key board on screen has just had issues
    Think I'll be giving mr megamacs a call

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-06-09 04:33:51 (Reply to:big bri 123)

Do that... And soon or later you will discover what great mistake you have done!

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-06-09 10:14:34

yes this tool it is not validated and I don't think autel made it with that in mind. I think it was made mostly with the intention of being used on autel server as they release their software. now keep in mind most oem sites are not taking new passthru devices autel or others,  and yes if something should go wrong while flashing forget about support, you are pretty much on you own, but so it is with the rest, no one assumes responsibilities. I have had issues in the past and drew tech, snap-on and bosch never assumed any responsibility either or paid me for anything and believe me it was a software issue which they later fixed and kept quiet about it, they will just blame it on your abilities to know how. number one reason I don't use any pass thru at all, regardless of brand or manufacturer, besides they only cover power train for the most part and won't even do certain functions correctly, even when covered. there is a whole lot more than just powertrain that needs to be flashed this days so having a pass thru sometimes just do enough to get you in trouble. however the 908p on autel server when completed , well that is another thing and it will be the tool to envy. this is my take on this am sure others will have a different opinion  which is fine too and hopefully autel does get to validate this tool and everyone is happy. best regards everyone ede.

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-06-11 03:45:43 (Reply to:ede65)

I have already use it in several brands. So far so good. But I think it works better in cars that have the EURO V and special de EURO VI.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-06-11 10:38:22 (Reply to:Pedro)

yes  your right pedro. I have also used it on a few makes and it worked well. the only make I haven't been able to connect with is Honda, tried xp and win7 even modded the registries and no luck. never on windows 8 it could work on that one. but pass-thru devices are very limited  to powertrain only for the most part. the beauty of autel 908p when completed  it will allow us to do much more than just powertrain, take for example benz and bimmers look at everything we can do on this vehicles otherwise not possible online with a pass- thru. the same will happen with gm, ford, Chrysler and with time many others, at least that is their plan. I have never been a fan of pass-thru devices but I know its the best solution for many or the only solution some times. but like I said before autel's intention with their pass thru device is mostly for their software and server. this is the reason why I have said on other post or advice people on buying other passtru devices like actia xs for europe or cardiaq m for usa , this passthru where intended to be used on oem sites by all vehicle manufacturer and validated. not the maxiflash - pro case. if autel will get theirs validated it will sell like hot cake. I only use Om tools for the vehicles I work on everyday  which are only 6 brands and the maxi-sys for testing purpose and speed test. autel tools still has a few issues and bugs but it has a tremendous potential. I need to stop writing now or I will be here all day lol. good day buddy.

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-06-12 04:09:40 (Reply to:ede65)

Yes you are right to. The next brands to be able to coding and ECU update will be VAG Group, PSA and Renault, in July or August. 

I think Autel effort to make this a great tool is fantastic. This tool it starting to be so good, that there is other company that are making products that are a perfect cloning of AUTEL.

I will try to make videos every time I use the pass-trough when connect to the OEM websites.

Total3 Pages